About Cognizant’s Digital Engineering Practice:
At Cognizant Digital Engineering, a small cross functional team comprised of a Product Manager, an Architect, Full-Stack Developers, UI/UX designers and Big Data analysts builds higher quality software faster siloed individuals working independently. Small, nimble engineering teams generate collective empathy and comradery, thus increasing their ability to anticipate unforeseen development scope changes and maintain high quality deliverables. Across our US Studio system or within client development sites, our Digital Engineering teams ideate and develop innovative cloud-based solutions following a Lean-Agile process with DevOps culture. Working in Cognizant Digital Engineering provides DevOps engineers consistent opportunities to push digital boundaries while growing their exposure to transformational technologies.
Cognizant is looking for an experienced and innovative Senior Java Architect to serve our diverse base of global clients. As a member of our team, you will build cutting edge, cloud-based software that powers modern business. An ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working in a diverse, collaborative, geographically distributed team. Similarly, the ideal candidate is an expert engineer who values the “team”, drives continuous improvement and is unafraid to challenge the legacy status quo with creative cloud-based solutions.
Location El Segundo, California
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Responsible for architecture and design of applications running on Java/ Spring Boot Microservices framework
· Responsible for technical design, implementation and maintenance of new and existing features on the application
· Build solid partnership with Application Development teams, Product owners and key stakeholders.
· Communicates application strategies, roadmaps and architecture to technical teams.
· Sets the overall guidance and expectations for team output, practices and collaboration.
· Create architecture designs that provide technical blueprints for development teams based on business goals and objectives.
· Participate in Architecture and Engineering code and design reviews.
· Participates in all phases of software development life cycle.
· Work efficiently and collaboratively in an Agile (Scrum or Kanban) team environment.
· Develop and implement best practices across entire project team with practicing continuous process improvement in mind.
· Create a culture of diversity, equality, inclusion and respect for team members.
· Bachelors degree in computer science or related area with 12-15 years developing and/or architecting large complex systems
· Solution architect and be a part of RFP solution team
· Knowledge on one or more cloud patform
· Analyze the client portfolio and provide migration strategy
· Work across the PODs Design DevSecOps (CI/CD pipeline) for automation
· Deep technical understanding across public cloud (AWS/Azure)
· Proficient with Java, Spring Booth, React js, and Cloud Design pattern
· Experience in domain driven design (DDD), lean architecture and agile delivery
· Experience with SpringBoot and Rest Framework for developing Microservices
· Experience with front end frameworks ReactJS
· Proven problem-solving skills with ability to be hands-on and to anticipate roadblocks, diagnose problems, and generate effective solutions
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
The annual salary for this position is between $117,720 – $163,680 depending on experience and other qualifications of the successful candidate.
This position is also eligible for Cognizant’s discretionary annual incentive program, based on performance and subject to the terms of Cognizant’s applicable plans.
Cognizant offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements:
Paid holidays plus Paid Time Off
401(k) plan and contributions
Paid Parental Leave
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Disclaimer: Benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. Cognizant reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
Must Have Skills
- Cloud Design Pattern
- React JS
- Spring Boot
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Nov 03 2023
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.