Sr. Java Developer (Full Stack, Kubernetes)
CGI has an immediate need for a Sr. Java Developer (Full Stack, Kubernetes) to join our financial services team in one of our several CGI offsite and Onshore Delivery Center locations.. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
Your future duties and responsibilities
In this role, you will perform analysis, design, development, and perform unit testing. You will resolve defects and perform configuration repository administration activities including stream and directory creation, source code archiving, etc. You will also participate in all agile ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration, and team retrospectives.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Required a total of 10+ experience in developing and designing Java based application
• At least 2+ years of progressive development experience in designing and implementing Spring boot Microservices (Rest , SOAP-based, or both)
• At least 2+ years of developing angular4+ based micro-frontend GUI
• At least 2+ years of developing Spring Data access application with RDBMS or NoSQL data stores and polyglot persistence
• At least 2+ years of UNIX/LINUX shell scripting and debugging
• Solid application design, coding, testing, maintenance, and debugging skills and strong experience with
• Java 8 distributed application development, REST, and domain model Microservices, Spring Boot, API gateway
• Proven abilities delivering CI/CD development methodologies.
• Expertise in designing, developing and deploying Micro services & Micro frontend.
• Expertise in working with container deployment and orchestration technologies at scale with strong knowledge of the fundamentals to include service discovery, deployments, monitoring, scheduling, load balancing. Knowledge of Kubernetes, Rancher and Docker preferred.
• Strong foundation in RESTful APIs, data structures, algorithms, software design and security
• Experience in event-driven design of Microservices and 12-factor app development standards
• Expert knowledge of Spring ecosystem (Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Integration, Spring Cloud Data Flow etc.)
• API design and implementation (remote vs local APIs, routing and reverse proxying, load balancing, optimization techniques).
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Experience in public cloud (AWS/Azure or Google)
• Experience in developing Python
• Experience in serverless kubernetes technologies like kubeless/knative
• Experience in Kafka/Service Mesh technologies
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- Full Stack Development
- REST Webservices
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.