Sr Java Engineer – Search Engine
Plano, TX, US
Requisition Number: 73196
Insight is looking for a back end Java engineer to work on our global search engine.
You will work on a small team that enjoys the challenges inherent in building a large-scale search engine that is used by people and systems all throughout Europe, North America, and Asia. We have a healthy team culture and use modern tools and frameworks to get the job done.
If you have solid Java engineering skills and a knack for working on large, networked systems, then we look forward to meeting you.
* Team Player – you can fly solo with minimal guidance or support the team as needed.
* Strong Java 8 skills – you consider networking, threading, locks, and caching as the hors d’oeuvre that comes before the main course.
* Experience with Spring-based technologies, or any other DI framework.
* Good systems knowledge – you are familiar with the basics of modern systems, including CPU-RAM interaction, stack memory, heap memory, disk, processes, and how to use them to make an application run fast and scale.
* Best practices developer – you write code that is well-tested, well-documented, has a clean API, and can be re-used and easily refactored to support more elastic use cases.
* Lifelong learner – you are open-minded, mentally-flexible, and continue to learn and improve your skills as new industry practices and techniques are introduced.
Nice To Have:
* Familiarity with Elastic Search, SOLR, Lucene, or other document-store technologies.
* Development experience with relational databases, including MSSQL and stored procedures.
* Worked on networked apps before, including web-based services (REST, SOAP, etc).
* Exposure to ERP systems, such as SAP and Microsoft Dynamics.
* Experience with Apache Kafka, JMS technologies, gRPC, Hessian, JPA/Hibernate, JBOSS, Zookeeper, Linkerd
* Exposure to Cloud technologies like Azure & AWS
* Experience with MicroServices
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 6,800 employees help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at ***********.
* Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
* 7,400+ teammates in 19 countries providing Intelligent Technology Solutions for organizations across the globe
* $7.1 billion in revenue in 2018
* Ranked #417 on the 2018 Fortune 500, #12 on the 2018 CRN Solution Provider 500
* 2018 Dell EMC Server Partner of the Year, 2018 Intel Retail Solution Partner of the Year, 2018 Microsoft Worldwide Artificial Intelligence Partner of the Year
* Ranked #23 on the 2019 Fortune 50 Best Workplaces in Technology and #5 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2018 list of Best Places to Work (Extra Large Business)
* Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
Today’s talent leads tomorrow’s success. Learn about careers at Insight: ****************.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Plano || Texas (US-TX) || United States (US) || None || None || US – Plano, TX ||
Nearest Major Market: Plano
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Developer, Java, Engineer, ERP, Supply, Technology, Engineering, Operations
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.