Sr Mainframe Developer
Love technology? We do too.
We're growing rapidly and are looking for Senior Mainframe Developers for various projects. You'll be pivotal in design, build, and execution of innovative applications.
We're a close-knit team that has access to global resources. You'll have the opportunity to explore a wide range of industries, technologies, and geographies, all while enjoying the personal touch that our local operating approach offers.
Growth at CGI is driven by your goals, so if you're looking for an inclusive place where you're empowered to chart your own path, then we'd love to meet you.
Future duties and responsibilities
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Your future duties and responsibilities
Looking for a Mainframe Developer Lead with good knowledge of SAS, COBOL, JCL, CICS, VSAM, CA-7, and SORT.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• 10+ years relevant experience in Mainframe, COBOL, JCL, CICS, CA-7, VSAM. SAS experience is required for this role.
Experience with IMS / DB2 / CICS / MQ experience and anything with z/OZ connect
• Experience in Coding, QA, Testing and ability to work in a high-volume capacity
• Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field
• Ability to provide and implement technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
• Solutions are innovative, thorough, practical and consistent with organizational objectives
• Ability to lead discussions with all levels of the organization and provide balanced information of an idea or communication of an issue regardless of written or verbal
• Hands on experience in DB2
• Hands on experience with webservice integration is preferred.
• Lead efforts to develop standard practices, components, guidelines for use of complex technology components.
• Lead actions to determine root cause of problems and drive resolution.
• Knowledge to use CI CS analysis and performance tool like TMON is desirable.
• Knowledge to use DB2 performance tool like BMC MAINVIEW is desirable
• IBM Mainframe System – COBOL, JCL, CICS, SQL, z/OS,CA7, VSAM, XML, TSO/ISPF, ROSCOE
• Expertise in JCL, JES
• IT Tools – IBM Debug tool for z/OS, IBM Fault Analyzer.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Competencies Years of experience Proficiency level
OPTIONAL: Desired qualifications/non-essential skills required
• Banking knowledge
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.