Pacific Life is investing in its global network and security to support its digital transformation journey. As such, we are searching for a Network Architect to join a small team to help us transform our network and to protect our customers and brand. *Preferable location for this position is our Newport Beach office, but open to the person being in our Omaha, NE or Lynchburg, VA locations. 100% remote is not offered for this position.
As a Network Engineer, you will be required to design, implement, maintain, and support our growing network infrastructure. This person will also collaborate with our corporate security team to design and build security controls to protect our environment. The successful candidate will have served in a similar role in a Fortune 500 environment and will have significant experience in supporting global networks.
If you’re experienced in building network security controls, you’re a great fit for this role. Technical capabilities aside, if you’re a mission-driven self-starter who’s comfortable with ambiguity, and who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative culture, you’re a perfect fit for Pacific Life.
How you will contribute:
- Implement products, platforms, software, hardware, or appliance-based solutions related to network and network security.
- Solve unique or complex problems that have a broad impact on the business. Take a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions.
- Interface with management and vendors to develop and implement new solutions to meet business requirements.
- Multi-site datacenter design, migrations and buildouts with disaster recovery planning and implementation.
- Multi-site WAN/MAN/SDWAN design, implementation and support.
- Design, implementation and support of cloud environment connected to the enterprise network (direct, VPN)
- Design and manage the rollout of various network infrastructures with necessary capacity planning, performance tuning, and configuration optimization
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Maintain network security across the global enterprise; analyze networks for security threats. Monitor organization’s networks for security breaches and investigates violations when they occur.
- Use network tools for administration, maintenance, automation, and visualization reporting
- Develops technical documentation describing the deployment, configuration, and management of network infrastructure.
- Participates in IT security audits. Responds to existing audits and ensures required controls are implemented as required.
- Builds strong relationships outside of IT to understand business needs. Communicates complex details in a way that people can understand. Advocates for the end user and stakeholder by becoming associated with the products, empathizing with and understanding user needs.
The experience you will bring:
Extensive experience of Cisco ACI and buildout/migration of the multi-site datacenters.
- 10+ years of experience in IT, configuring and installing various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- B.S/MS in Engineering and/or Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Cisco Datacenter certification or extensive hands on experience.
- Expert knowledge of AWS/Azure network solutions.
- Advanced technical skills and experience with the following L2 and L3 protocols and technologies such as ACI, IPSec, DMVPN, BGP, OSPF, VPC, QoS, 802.1x. Be familiar with Cisco IOS, IOS-XE and NXOS.
- Understanding of various platforms – NetScaler, Riverbed, Cisco (Catalyst, ISR, ASR, Nexus).
- Must have an understanding of open-source and other tools to assist in monitoring, troubleshooting and performance analysis.
- Must have excellent communication and problem-solving skills, attention to detail
What will make you stand out:
- AWS certified solutions architect certifications is a plus.
- Knowledge of Juniper and HPE routing/switching equipment is a plus.
You belong at Pacific Life
At Pacific Life, the work we do matters. That’s why you’ll find those who work passionately each day to drive our company forward enjoy job security, flexible scheduling and great opportunities for career growth. If you’re seeking a thriving career doing the type of meaningful work that’s all too rare at a Fortune 300 Company, you’re the perfect cultural fit for our team. #LI-AJ1
Base Pay Range:
The base pay range noted provides a basis to determine the appropriate offer dependent upon several factors including but not limited to geographic location, experience, skills, education and pay equity. Also, most employees are eligible for additional incentive pay.
$138,400.00 – $173,000.00 – $233,600.00
Your Benefits Start Day 1
Your wellbeing is important to Pacific Life, and we’re committed to providing you with flexible benefits that you can tailor to meet your needs. Whether you are focusing on your physical, financial, emotional, or social wellbeing, we’ve got you covered.
Prioritization of your health and well-being including Medical, Dental, Vision, and Wellbeing Reimbursement Account that can be used on yourself or your eligible dependents
Generous paid time off options including: Paid Time Off, Holiday Schedules, and Financial Planning Time Off
Paid Parental Leave as well as an Adoption Assistance Program
Competitive 401k savings plan with company match and an additional contribution regardless of participation
Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.