Job Ref: 35764BR
Employer: Black & Veatch
Job Type: Permanent
Country: United States
Post Date: 11/09/2018 19:06
Support a federal client in the operation and adjustment of power related infrastructure. Applies strong networking skills to an integrated campus. May interact with owner’s technology staff on projects of medium to high complexity, or serve as a technical specialist providing expert knowledge and expertise.
This professional will utilize their experience to participate in the research, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and troubleshooting of large and complex networks to support client systems. This person will be responsible for network equipment planning, configuration, and implementation for federal agency/department clients.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
o Responsible for software interpretation, configuration, and implementation for federal agency/department clients.
o Interact with clients (sometimes non-technical clients) to hand down information
o Strong hands-on implementation skills, to include problem identification, troubleshooting, and configuration management
o Responsible for adhering to processes and procedures and using accepted design tools
o Capable of optimizing day-to-day operational stability with the continual need to improve the service and deploy new services, processes and technologies.
o Represent Black & Veatch professionally and advocate for the owner’s mission.
Typically a minimum of 8 plus years related work experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications
– Possesses some combination of the following certifications:
– CompTia Linux+
– CompTia A+
– CompTia Network+
– CompTia Security+
– CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
– Cisco Certified Networking Professional
– MCSE: Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert
– Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
– Ability to read/write/modify in Linux.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills toward both technical and non-technical audiences
– Able to install and troubleshoot network routers and switches
– BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, or extensive technical hands-on field experience
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.