Requisition ID 2018-43978
# of Openings 1
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level Top Secret/SCI
Full/Part Time Full Time
* With a wide range of knowledge, evaluates, designs, documents, installs, implements, tests, performs problem isolation and resolution, monitors, tunes and sets standards.
* Maintains a complex range of computer network components and systems.
* Provides client consulting and training on the interfacing and use of the network facilities.
* Plans and coordinates computer network initiatives.
* Researches, evaluates and recommends new computer network equipment and technologies.
* Devises solutions to operational problems within the capacity and operational limitations of installed equipment.
* Provides internal consulting, technical guidance, information and support to application developers, computer operations, workstation support, company management and departmental clients.
* Works with other network professionals as directed to coordinate efforts, resolve cross-team issues and communicate changes.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in network analysis and administration.
* CCNA or equivalent certification required
* DOD 8570 IAT Level II required
* Competent to work at a high technical level on all phases of network operations
* Good communications skills; shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through
* Can effectively deliver training; possess good consulting skills
* Must be able to evaluate network performance and interact with users to solve complex problem
* Detail oriented and organized; able to understand network evaluation criteria and be exact in assessments
* Must closely follow network protocols and methodology
* CCNP or equivalent certification preferred
* Military experience preferred
* May be required to provide clear and effective direction to less experienced staff
* May review the work of others and be able to detect errors or needed modifications
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.