Job Title: Sr. Network Engineer
Location: Hopkins, MN, Mid-West United States, USA
Company: Cargill, Inc
Industry Type: Commodities and Trading
Job Type:Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required:N/A
Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.
I would like to receive this alert by text.
I agree to receive alerts from ***************** and to the Terms of Service.
Your alert was created successfully
General Alert Saved
– The listings below are jobs matching the criteria you’ve selected for your General Alert on *************.
Criteria selected was:
– General alert saved for .
– General alert notifications will be sent weekly on Monday.
– Please note that you can only have one general alert active at any given time. Creating a new general alert will override an existing general alert.
– Visit the Email / Text Alert Manager to manage your alerts
Sr. Network Engineer
Back to search results
Apply to this position
See more jobs from Cargill
Send this job to a friend
Position Purpose & Summary
As a Sr. Network Engineer your mission will be to drive greater levels of flexibility, scalability, security, and efficiency into our IT infrastructure, and in doing so enable your team to become trusted partners who enable technology that helps Cargill thrive. Your position will drive changes to culture and technology, and championing the adoption of modern software-based approaches to infrastructure through engagements that will challenge your skill and tap into your experiences. This includes demonstrating alternatives and a path away from traditional infrastructure architectures, management, and operations, towards an agile delivery model, leveraging infrastructure open-source automation platforms and infrastructure-as-code solutions.
25% Thought & Technical Leadership
– Lead the creation and execution of strategies and patterns using software-based approaches to network design and management
– Build and implement network solutions
– Collaborate with internal teams and external service providers to set and influence technical decisions and policy
– Lead the assessment and adoption of new technologies and methods within the team and across Cargill
– Lead externally by contributing to the open source community in meaningful and visible ways.
25%: Coach, Mentor, and Change Agent
– Inspire, coach and mentor network and infrastructure teams on usage and adoption of software based approaches to network/infrastructure as code and automation best-practices
– Demonstrate your work to the broader Cargill community through Public Demos and in small group or individual coaching sessions
– Build and maintain collaborative working relationships with the broader IT engineering community
50%: Infrastructure Engineering and Automation
– Lead the creation of performant and reliable network services and features by employing modern software engineering practices and principles
– Write, review and deploy open source code solutions to automate existing network provisioning, management, and operations in a complex global environment.
– Build high quality new solutions with zero-touch deployment, self-healing features, leveraging techniques like test driven development.
– Operate and build with the a secure by default mindset
– Model a fail fast, iterative style of working
– Bachelor degree or equivalent in experience
– 7 + years of experience architecting, engineering, and automating global data networks of significant size and complexity
– 5+ years of experience with enterprise network technologies: Routing, switching, firewall, load-balancing
– 5+ years of experience with infrastructure automation, infrastructure as code, automated application deployment, monitoring/telemetry, logging, reporting/dashboarding
– Experience with continuous integration and deployment technologies such as: Jenkins CI, Drone, Github, and Artifactory
– Experience with container technologies such as: Docker, Kubernetes
– Experience with test-driven development frameworks for application and infrastructure code
– Experience with development using GitHub & VSTS
– Experience with Linux and/or Windows systems administration
– Experience with measurement & telemetry for infra
Job Post Date: 09/13/18
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.