Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
One of the distinguishing marks of our company is the talented people who embrace the people-first, always advancing, and results-driven culture. Professional growth abounds in this motivating environment. We value the diverse talents and experiences our employees bring to Patterson and believe that they build a stronger and successful organization.
The Sr Network Engineer is responsible for driving architectural decisions and detailed design activities for Patterson’s network infrastructure. The Sr Network Engineer collaborates with other engineering team members, technology architects, operations staff, developers, and business leads to develop and deliver strategic solutions for the Patterson enterprise. The areas of focus for this role include all aspects of network infrastructure architecture, implementation, process development, and technology integration. This role collaborates on the creation and maintenance of policies and assists with the development of standards, guidelines, and procedures that are consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for design, implementation, and integration of data center, cloud, and end-user network architectures. Works with leadership, architects, and infrastructure teams to analyze and improve current data center networks, WAN solutions, LAN solutions, and cloud environments.
- Drives the development of standards, guidelines, and processes for networks, considering redundant systems, policies, capacity planning and high availability
- Works with Project Management, architecture, business, technical, and security teams to achieve project delivery. Collaborates with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and resolve concerns.
- Provides escalation support for data center, cloud and core routing platforms.
- Provides processes and guidance for tier 1 and 2 staff. Completes root cause analysis of problems and provides potential solutions in area of expertise.
- Acts as a leader and advocate of technology stewardship and management, including mentoring, coaching, and training.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of experience and education
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Network Engineer role, working with multiple data center environments, network analysis, packet capture and monitoring tools (Wireshark, Observer, SolarWinds, Gigamon, LiveAction and Cisco Modeling Labs).
- At least 3 years’ experience with designing/supporting cloud security solutions (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Experience with Express Route a plus.
- Routing Protocol knowledge (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP) and experience with QOS.
- Expert understanding of architecture design techniques, theories, principles, and practices.
- Performance analysis, tuning and optimization on various hardware platforms in a large enterprise environment. Viavi Gigastor and Gigamon experience a plus. Experience as an escalation engineer with a high level of comfort when debugging complex issues.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language to all levels of management and staff. Ability work on-call and alternative hour schedules when required.
- PCI Audit Knowledge.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Prior experience with common network scripting programming languages.
- Prior experience with common automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef.
- Prior experience with API integrations.
- Prior experience engineering networks with more than 2000 devices.
- Prior experience with Cisco technologies/solutions including Nexus 7000/6000/5000/2000, LAN controllers, fixed-configuration switches, and Cisco ISR and ASR series routers.
- Experience with Cisco ACI and SD-WAN/SDN.
- Prior experience with the DNS/DHCP.
- Experience managing partner and vendor relationships to achieve business outcomes.
- Prior experience in a global enterprise.
What’s In It For You:
We provide competitive benefits, unique incentive programs and rewards for our eligible employees:
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits and an integrated Wellness Program.
- 401(k) Match Retirement Savings Plan.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Holiday Pay & Floating Holidays.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO).
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement).
- Full Paid Parental and Adoption Leave.
- LifeWorks (Employee Assistance Program).
- Patterson Perks Program.
The potential compensation range for this role is below. The final offer amount would be based on various factors such as candidate location (geographical labor market), experience, and skills.
$93,100.00 – $117,400.00
As a people-first company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees’ unique experiences and differences is what strengthens us and drives our success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We are Patterson. We welcome you.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.