Network Engineer Senior
Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT's fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting-edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
Strategy & Planning
- Collaborate with customers and staff to ensure smooth and reliable network operation, software, and data systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Work with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Design and define network architecture for new or existing computer systems
- Perform complex network development and design work.
- Participate in the upgrading of operating systems and design of network enhancements.
- Provide input for documentation on new or existing networks.
- Develops and conduct tests to ensure networks meet documented user requirements.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve network problems.
- Provide network/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
- Determine network specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- May provide guidance and leadership to less-experienced systems engineers.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Comprehensive knowledge of network engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
- Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment.
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
- This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to INDOPACOM AOR.
- 5+ years of Network Engineering experience.
- Bachelor's degree – may substitute additional years of experience.
- Must possess a current CompTIA Security+ CE certification.
- Must possess a completed CCNA certification.
- Must possess and maintain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- Must meet DOD 8750 requirements and be eligible for IAT level II access upon hire for positions with elevated privileges. Additional specific certifications may be required, depending on job assignment.
- Knowledge and experience with routing and switching protocols (e.g., OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, ISIS, Spanning Tree Protocol, ISAKMP, ESP, SIP, SCCP, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with current Cisco IOS software and hardware features
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot Multicast
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot DMVPN and GRE tunnels
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and multi-task while still ensuring high quality of work
- Highly organized with strong ability to prioritize work and work autonomously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great attention to detail and presentation
- Results driven, highly efficient, energetic, and highly motivated
- Must possess a high degree of intelligence, competence, maturity, adaptability, resilience, integrity, and initiative
- The work is typically performed at client site locations, which requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes, or equipment.
- Completed CCNP Routing and Switching or CCNP Enterprise
- Knowledge and experience with VoIP/collaboration systems
- Knowledge and experience with HAIPE-based encryption devices
- Knowledge of Virtualization technologies
- Knowledge and experience with data center networking
- Experience with firewalls and firewall rule sets
- Understanding of network virtualization
- Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals course
Understanding of VxRail Manager and best practices
#dpost #cjobs #cjpost #isdcj #GDITRecruiter #BICES #excitingMPEteam #GDITPriority
Years of Experience
5 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
U.S. Citizenship Required
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.