Requisition ID 2018-36650
# of Openings 5
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level Secret
Full/Part Time Full Time
Develops computer systems specifications that address business requirements and that fit with company/customer system architecture standards.
* Analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed systems and designs complex computer systems to process data.
* Analyzes procedures and systems to refine their formulation and convert to programmable formats.
* Writes or updates software specifications.
* Creates logical data models based on functional requirements.
* Performs quality assurance review of specifications for internal and external delivery.
* Develops analytical tools for use in the design and redesign of systems.
* Analyzes detail systems factors, including input and output requirements, information flow, hardware and software requirements, and reliability characteristics.
* Coordinates with client to define problem, determine data availability, report requirements, and resolve system design problems.
* Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
* Serves as a technical team or task leader.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
10-15 years of directly related computer systems analysis and/or programming experience. Additional experience required:
* Solve computer problems and apply computer technology
* Define system goals and divide solutions into steps and procedures. Typical techniques are structured analysis, data modeling, information engineering, mathematical model building, sampling, and cost accounting. Specify inputs to be accessed by system, design processing steps, and format output to meet user needs. Prepare cost-benefit and ROI analyses.
* Determine computer hardware/software needed to set up system. Coordinate tests and observe initial use of system to ensure it performs as planned. Prepare specs, flow charts, and process diagrams for computer programmers. Work with programmers to debug system.
* Proficient in programming and systems analysis. Work with databases, object-oriented programming languages, client-server applications development, multimedia, and Internet technology.
* Must qualify as a ‘Fully Qualified Navy Validator’, and CSWF IAM I.
* Experience in developing and implementing DoD security measures, handling sensitive information, analyzing security procedures, and developing strategies to mitigate security risks
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.