Opportunity Overview: What IS Application Frameworks does.
The IS Application Frameworks team is responsible for developing and maintaining the standard framework, services, libraries, tools, and best practices used by developers at Edward Jones. The team also provides technology and design guidance for key projects. Associates stay on top of industry trends around application design/development/deployment, and leverage their knowledge and experience to find forward-thinking solutions to challenging problems.
Members of the IS Application Frameworks team are currently doing exciting project work to help Edward Jones adopt innovative solutions to aid in a DevOps transformation. This includes a shift to a microservices architecture leveraging Spring Boot applications running in Docker containers on Kubernetes. The team is also working to enable continuous delivery and automated testing by supporting tools like GitHub, Jira, Jenkins, SonarQube, Selenium, and Artifactory.
Req ID: 29363BR
Position Type: Home Office
EEO Statement: Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Location: Missouri, St. Louis
Company Description: At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work. A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team’s ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
Home based Associate?: No
Awards and Accolades:
– For the 19th year, Edward Jones was named one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For by FORTUNE magazine in its annual listing. The firm ranked No. 5 overall. These 19 FORTUNE rankings include top 10 finishes for 15 years, top 5 rankings for eight years and consecutive No. 1 rankings in 2002 and 2003.
From FORTUNE Magazine, February 15, 2018 2018 Time Inc. Used under license. FORTUNE and Time Inc. are not affiliated with and do not endorse products or services of Edward Jones.
Search Headquarters Positions by Area of Interest: Information Systems
Position Requirements: What you’ll need.
– Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, etc. or equivalent experience.
– 5+ years of Java software development experience on enterprise-level solutions.
– Understanding of DevOps concepts and experience with CI/CD pipelines.
– Experience with Microservices architecture using Docker and Kubernetes or similar container orchestration tool.
– General knowledge on relational / NoSQL databases, Linux, application architecture, and tool / system administration.
– Understanding of secure software coding principles.
– Systems engineering and development methodology experience.
– Strong understanding of Kanban and Scrum is preferred.
– Experience with industry standard frameworks and libraries: Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Data, JPA, Thymeleaf, Struts 2, Jersey.
– Familiarity with test-driven development (JUnit, Selenium) and static code analysis (SonarQube).
– Strong ability to learn and apply new/emerging technologies.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, working with all organizational levels.
– Strong analytical and problemsolving skills.
– Excellent organizational and time management skills.
– Ability to work in a team environment and/or as an individual contributor, as required.
– Experience in financial services industry is preferred.
City: St. Louis
– Full Time position
– Compensation will be Market Rate
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.