Sr. Project Manager (Industrial Process)
TOL1511 – EGCM Project Mgmt – Toledo
SSOE Group is seeking a talented Project Manager for multiple office locations. The candidate must have a proven track record of executing and managing projects that develop drawings and specifications as a deliverable, preferably for chemical, heavy industrial, refining and manufacturing companies and/or electrical utilities
An idea professional for this role will be a natural leader and effective communicator, who thrives in a team environment. PMP certification is not required, but preferred.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
– Managing design teams on multiple projects (from FEL through detailed design & construction) for chemical, refining, industrial or manufacturing companies or electrical utilities.
– Key interface with client on project progress (i.e. scope development, budget updates, schedule updates, issues, change orders, leading design reviews, construction package strategy, action item lists, etc.)
– Provide business development support to develop opportunities with new and existing clients.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree / DIRECT / 8+OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
– Proven proficiency in the use of MS Office Products.
– Proven proficiency in utilizing project controls tools.
– Beneficial to have some plant experience in the chemical, manufacturing, and/or industrial industry or with an electrical utility.
– Candidate should have experience with interacting with owner, construction management and contractors.
– Responsible for preparation of fee proposal, contract negotiations with client with input from PIC and accountable for adherence to timetable and financial success of all projects.
– PMP certification is a plus. External applicants: PMP Certification is required within one (1) year
– Prior experience in Deltek Vision a plus.
– BSChE, BSME or BSEE is required. Other BS degrees will be considered.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 5 years, SSOE Group focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of project delivery solutions. They have been named a ‘Great Workplace’ (Great Place to Work) and one of the ‘Best AEC Firms to Work For’ (Building Design + Construction).
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company’s 65+ year history, it has earned a reputation for providing quality project solutions to semiconductor, automotive, food, chemical, glass, manufacturing, healthcare, power, and general building industries-with projects completed in 40 countries. Visit ************ for additional information and career opportunities.
– SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
– We are a global project delivery firm for architecture, engineering, and construction management.
– SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
– 9/10 of clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague.
– 95% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 5 years.
– 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years.
Equal Opportunity and Disability Accessibility Statement
SSOE is an equal opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to all individuals, employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic information, military / veteran status, or any other protected group status under federal, state, or local law. SSOE complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and related laws. SSOE does not make employment decisions based upon any protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may email their request to for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.