Leidos is seeking Scientific Computing Software Engineers to support a variety of sophisticated state-of-the-art acoustic training and simulation systems. Position provides opportunity to travel to Hawaii, San Diego and other program locations on an occasional basis. We are looking for an energetic, motivated, independent, self starter for a challenging position with Leidos. If you have the ambition, we have the position.
Candidate will develop sophisticated, real-time, software to enhance the fidelity of training and simulation systems. The work may include developing numerical models, sonar system simulation/stimulation software, message passing and data distribution software, and/or trainer command and control software. This code is used in a variety of naval training and simulation systems. All software is developed in a Linux environment, and written in C++, Java, and Python. Software development will include designing, coding, unit testing, integration testing, and verification and validation testing. Work will include the development of new code and the maintenance and extension of existing code. A background in physics or mathematics is useful to implement physics-based enhancements to the training and simulation systems.
Travel may be required to trainer sites, including Pearl Harbor HI, San Diego CA, Bangor WA, Norfolk VA, Groton CT, and Kings Bay GA, that will not exceed 10% of the job.
*External Referral Eligible*
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical degree.
• Active DoD Secret security clearance.
Required Experience and Skills:
• Candidate must have 12+ or more years of relevant experience developing software in C++, Java, or related languages. Must have experience developing real-time software, or numerical simulation software, or software that executes across multiple processors.
• Candidate must have a strong working knowledge of tools and libraries available for the Linux operating system, and be familiar with sound software engineering principles and methodologies.
• Candidate must have past experience leading and supervising at least small software engineering teams.
• Candidate must demonstrate a general commitment to excellence, a dedication to producing quality work results, and an ability to learn and apply new skills.
• Candidate must be committed to customer service, well organized, able to plan and prioritize assignments, and able to successfully handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Candidate must be able to work with minimal supervision and work well under deadlines, frequently with quick turnaround.
• Candidate must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, and be able to work successfully in a team environment.
• Advanced degree, continuing education in computer science, and/or advanced math/physics background.
• Cluster computing, signal processing, underwater acoustic modeling, or familiarity with sonar systems.
• Experience with Agile development and Atlassian products.
• Familiarity with program management concepts and practices.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin’s Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.