How often have you had an opportunity to be a founding member of a project team that is tasked with solving a huge everyday problem through innovative technologies that transform and disrupt an entire industry?
If this sounds intriguing, come join Amazon Last Mile Driver Assistance Technologies to help transform the delivery experience for customers with unprecedented quality, efficiency and scale. Each time an Amazon package is delivered, technology is at the scene and behind the scene. Today, Last Mile solutions support Amazon global business initiatives including Amazon Logistics, Amazon Flex, Amazon Lockers, etc., and its scope is expanding every day.
Our team is actively seeking motivated and multi-talented individuals who are passionate about transforming the logistics and package delivery operations. We are inventing the next-generation smart warehouse and smart delivery operation with cutting-edge technologies that also encompassing Wearable, Robotics, Machine Learning, etc. We develop the technology, productize the solution, operate and support the lifecycle of the products and services we deployed.
Our scope includes devices, sensors, hardware, and software, matching customer needs and delivery capacity with precision and efficiency, and expanding and transforming delivery experience with unprecedented quality, productivity and scale.
As a Senior SDE, you will have the opportunity to shape the next generation delivery technology, work process and customer/driver experience. Your will be part of the center of competency for embedded, mobile, wearable devices, sensors, and end-to-end sensing and analytics. The engineer skills include, but not limited to, the development of BSP (Board Support Package), firmware, driver, operating system modules, middleware, UI, and end-to-end business logic and analytics pipeline.
Your team will also supervise and interact with hardware design, manufacturing, testing, and certification. You are expected to articulate and champion the product, vision, and development timeline in a cross-organization, cross-function and cross-geo environment with senior executives, as well as design, R&D, product management, operation, and finance teams. You will leverage your knowledge, experience, and network to deliver technology, solutions, as well as maximizing the long term potential of each individual engineer.
- 5+ years in Software Development with at least 3 years developing multi-threaded mobile applications
- Expert knowledge of Java and the JDK and Android Developers Kit. Expert knowledge of Android Architecture, performance optimization, and Security. Advanced Android UI Skills (Fragments, Custom view components)
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional experience
- Experience in mobile app development in Android
- Experience in embedded software development
- Experience in building system level vehicle integrations, familiarity with CAN bus protocol.
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Experience in utilizing Mobile design patterns, building mobile frameworks/SDKs, building custom UX widgets and optimizing apps for performance
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.