Deliver simple solutions to complex problems as a Software Developer, Senior at GDIT. Here, you'll tailor cutting-edge solutions to the unique requirements of our clients. With a career in application development, you'll make the end user's experience your priority and we'll make your career growth ours.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Software Developer, Senior you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on an experienced Software Developer, Senior joining our team to support our intelligence customer in Springfield, VA or St. Louis, MO.
HOW A SOFTWARE DEVELOPER SENIOR WILL MAKE AN MPACT
Designs, develops, evaluates, plans and tests software programs and applications
• Conducts requirements engineering, solutions engineering, scheduling, reliability, resiliency, services development, integration, test and evaluation, maintainability and analysis across the National System of Geospatial-intelligence (NSG), Allied System of Geospatial-intelligence (ASG) and Federal Agencies.
• Conducts planning, analysis/traceability of user requirements, architectures traceability, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review cloud service capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
• Develops solutions designs based on analysis of requirements and new technology and mentor Junior Engineers in developing these skill sets.
• Supports the analyses and allocation of requirements to systems architecture components and executing programs.
• Assists the Government in performing systems integration activities.
• Assists with Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs), Course of Actions (CoAs), Trade Studies, and Engineering Assessments.
• Assists the Government in strategic technical planning, project management, performance engineering, risk management and interface design.
• Ability to solve complex problems, lead a team(s) and work independently and proactively under Senior Systems Engineer supervision.
• Creates sustainable software applications – work is estimated accurately, branching strategies are efficient, code repos are maintained, etc.
• Works as a member of an agile scrum team and participates in regular agile ceremonies applying scrum methodologies – daily stand up, planning, sprint reviews, demos, retrospectives.
• Implements requirements from the product backlog
• Assists in writing backlog requirements/user stories
• Utilizes a modern DevSecOps approach in building software applications
• Develop and modify applications, software, services, utilities, interfaces, and IT systems that support systems and analysts.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
• 8+ years of experience
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering, systems engineering or any related field/major, or 6 additional years of experience in information technology.
• Use packages and experience with developing software using Go, Angular or Typescript..
• Familiarity with DevOps development processes and Continuous Integration tools: GitLab, Jenkins, Nexus
• Experience working with container images and platforms (Kubernetes/Docker/OpenShift)
• Maintain and improve existing build and deployment processes using CI/CD tools
* Security clearance NOT required but must be able to obtain*
• Technical certification Network +, Security +, Oracle or specializing in Software Development, or Cloud Computing.
Location: Company or Customer Site
US Citizenship Required
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
• 401K with company match
• Comprehensive health and wellness packages
• Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
• Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
• Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
• Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
Years of Experience
8 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
U.S. Citizenship Required
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.