The successful candidate will be a member of the Customer/Client
Outreach Team which is working with the our Marketing Partners to
implement and maintain automated Marketing Operations Management,
Marketing Campaign Automation/Optimization and Real-Time Decision
Management using the SAS platform.
Your daily activities will include: working with Business Analysts to
define and implement the needs of our Business Team; developing web
services for use in interactive campaigns; integrating with other
enterprise applications; troubleshooting performance issues;
supporting disaster recovery and more.
* Manages and participates in the development and implementation of
Marketing Operations Campaign Automation (MAO) and Real Time
Decision processes and technology
* Integrates Real-Time Decision campaigns with multiple digital
channels (mobile banking, web banking, SMS, email, etc.) using
APIs such as RESTful, SOAP, WSDL
* Creates and implements SAS stored procedures and macros
* Supports troubleshooting by being able to troubleshoot issues with
the gathering and reading of system and application logs
* Builds and maintains InfoMaps connecting MAO to Teradata and
* Maintaining configuration control of the application structure and
database, including migration of packages from development up to
* Works with internal customers to advance knowledge of how to use
the tools associated with developing campaigns and creating
* Assists in developing departmental estimates and schedules
Minimum of two to four years college with at least ten years
involvement in systems analysis and application development, or an
equivalent combination of education and experience.
* 5+ years’ demonstrated experience as a SAS programmer, including
SAS macros, DS2 and APIs for SAS Marketing Automation/Optimization
(MAO) and Real-time Decision Manager (RDTM)
* In lieu of SAS MAO and RDTM: Adobe Campaign and Experience
Manager; Teradata Customer Interaction Manager (CIM) and Real-time
Marketing Interaction Manager (RITM); experience is acceptable.
* 5+ years’ demonstrated experience with Oracle SQL programming
* 5+ year’s demonstrated experience with SOAP and RESTful API
* Familiar with Hadoop and Teradata ETL processing o Prior
experience recommending and implementing system solutions
* Exposure to Data Warehousing concepts o Strong DevOps discipline
in maintaining system documentation and change management
* Capable of working in an Agile development environment
* Strong troubleshooting skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work with vendors and offshore teams
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
* Certified SAS Programmer
* 1+ years’ of experience with the SAS Real-time Decision Manager
* SAS Programming (i.e., SAS 9.4 DS2, macros)
* SAS Enterprise Guide and InfoMap
* SAS MAO, RDTM; Teradata CIM, RTIM; or Adobe Campaign, Experience
Manager application administration
* Database Programming (Oracle, Hadoop, Teradata)
* SOAP, REST, WSDL
NATURE AND SCOPE
The incumbent works under supervision of the Technical Team Leader or
The Senior Software Engineer is competent to work independently on all
high level systems analysis and technical phases of development.
The incumbent is capable of managing the activities of others on any
scope project and often leads project activities.
The Senior Software Engineer monitors staff performance on assigned
projects with regards to their overall abilities and effectiveness in
completing projects within schedules.
The Senior Software Engineer participates in the development of junior
The incumbent interacts with Senior Management, other technology
personnel, clients and vendors.
The Senior Software Engineer provides backup to the Technical Team
Leader as required.
The incumbent may be called upon to serve as a technical
representative on committees, ad-hoc projects, etc.
Act as back to Technical Team Lead and participate in development of
Location: Buffalo, NY
ABOUT M & T
At M & T, we strive to be the best place our employees ever work, the
best bank our customers ever do business with and the best investment
our shareholders ever make. So when looking to advance your career,
look to M & T. As a top 20 US bank holding company and one of the best
performing regional banks in the country, we offer a wide range of
performance based career development opportunities for talented
professionals. And through our longstanding tradition of careful,
conservative and consistent management and a strong commitment to the
communities we serve, we continue to grow with a focus on the future.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.