Sr Software Engineer – Lafayette, LA – **********
Employers / Post Job
Upload your resume
whatjob title, keywords, or company
wherecity, state, or zip code
Advanced Job Search
Sr Software Engineer
M & T Bank
M & T Bank
Read what people are saying about working here.
Manager Description: Real-time Decision Management Description: The successful candidate will be a member of the Customer/Client Outreach Team which is working with the our Marketing Partners to implement and maintain automated Marketing Operations Management, Marketing Campaign Automation/Optimization and Real-Time Decision Management using the SAS platform. Your daily activities will include: working with Business Analysts to define and implement the needs of our Business Team; developing web services for use in interactive campaigns; integrating with other enterprise applications; troubleshooting performance issues; supporting disaster recovery and more. Location: Buffalo, NY Responsibilities:
– Manages and participates in the development and implementation of Marketing Operations Campaign Automation (MAO) and Real Time Decision processes and technology
– Integrates Real-Time Decision campaigns with multiple digital channels (mobile banking, web banking, SMS, email, etc.) using APIs such as RESTful, SOAP, WSDL
– Creates and implements SAS stored procedures and macros
– Supports troubleshooting by being able to troubleshoot issues with the gathering and reading of system and application logs
– Builds and maintains InfoMaps connecting MAO to Teradata and Hadoop databases
– Maintaining configuration control of the application structure and database, including migration of packages from development up to production
– Works with internal customers to advance knowledge of how to use the tools associated with developing campaigns and creating real-time offers.
– Assists in developing departmental estimates and schedules Minimum Qualifications
– Required Qualifications: o Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in system/application development o 5+ years’ demonstrated experience as a SAS programmer, including SAS macros, DS2 and APIs for SAS Marketing Automation/Optimization (MAO) and Real-time Decision Manager (RDTM) ? In lieu of SAS MAO and RDTM: Adobe Campaign and Experience Manager; Teradata Customer Interaction Manager (CIM) and Real-time Marketing Interaction Manager (RITM); experience is acceptable. o 5+ years’ demonstrated experience with Oracle SQL programming o 5+ year’s demonstrated experience with SOAP and RESTful API development o Familiar with Hadoop and Teradata ETL processing o Prior experience recommending and implementing system solutions o Exposure to Data Warehousing concepts o Strong DevOps discipline in maintaining system documentation and change management o Capable of working in an Agile development environment o Strong troubleshooting skills o Excellent verbal and written communication skills o Ability to work with vendors and offshore teams
– Preferred Qualifications o Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering and 10 years’ experience in system/application development o Certified SAS Programmer o 1+ years’ of experience with the SAS Real-time Decision Manager application
– Technical Skills o SAS Programming (i.e., SAS 9.4 DS2, macros) o SAS Enterprise Guide and InfoMap o SAS MAO, RDTM; Teradata CIM, RTIM; or Adobe Campaign, Experience Manager application administration o Database Programming (Oracle, Hadoop, Teradata) o SOAP, REST, WSDL
Provides designs, specifies information systems solutions and the highest level technical direction in the development of new or existing applications to solve basic to complex problems or enhancements. Acts as a principal application designer for critical components and major modifications effectively using analytical skills, technical skills, available technology and tools in the evaluation of client requirements and processes. Provides solutions that are technologically sound. Often directs and monitors the activities of junior staff.
Performs and oversees the most complex systems analysis, design and development efforts. Plays a key role as a leader and individual contributor on complex projects. Provides the highest level analytical consulting and leadership in identifying and implementing new uses of information technologies to assist the client areas and Bank in meeting their short term business goals and long term strategic objectives.
Must be able to direct and monitor junior resources, plus coordinate development tasks for any scope effort. Prepares and manages the technical component of project plans.
Confers with other development staff, operations staff and IT staff in overall systems development direction from technical analysis to user acceptance testing. Prepares and reviews test data and executes detailed test plans. Performs any required debugging.
Evaluates and understands highly complex interrelationships and effects among programs, interfacing applications and platforms.
Prepares thorough, clear technical and functional specifications and updates systems documentation. Reviews documentation prepared by junior development staff.
Prepares and reviews technical assessments to include required tasks, estimated time frames and effort for any scope project.
Maintains efficient operation and effectiveness of supported applications. Recommends new technology, policies or processes to benefit the organization and improve deficiencies. Typically will lead technical evaluations of vendor software.
Performs other related duties or projects as required, which may include playing a lead role in due diligence, cost/benefit analysis or business study activities.
Follows and promotes the use of development standards and procedures.
Maintains a high level of technical aptitude and expert working knowledge of the supporting application(s), development environments and the supported client environment.
Assists in developing expense and capital budgets.
Monitors employee performance and may prepare annual appraisals.
NATURE AND SCOPE
The incumbent works under supervision of the Technical Team Leader or Systems Manager.
The Senior Software Engineer is competent to work independently on all high level systems analysis and technical phases of development.
The incumbent is capable of managing the activities of others on any scope project and often leads project activities.
The Senior Software Engineer monitors staff performance on assigned projects with regards to their overall abilities and effectiveness in completing projects within schedules.
The Senior Software Engineer participates in the development of junior staff.
The incumbent interacts with Senior Management, other technology personnel, clients and vendors.
The Senior Software Engineer provides backup to the Technical Team Leader as required.
The incumbent may be called upon to serve as a technical representative on committees, ad-hoc projects, etc.
Act as back to Technical Team Lead and participate in development of junior staff.
Minimum of two to four years college with at least ten years involvement in systems analysis and application development, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred.
Requires a complete understanding of the system development life cycle, application development alternatives and the client area’s functions.
Requires experience with state of the art application development support software and hardware platforms.
Must be familiar with industry direction.
Proficient in at multiple development tools and thorough knowledge of application development support software and hardware platforms along with a diverse technical background in computing environments.
Must possess a very good working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and databases.
Demonstrates expert analysis and resolution for the most complex problems.
Detailed knowledge of the Bank’s application framework.
Excellent understanding of vendor hardware configurations and software concepts both in the current environment and future technologies.
Ability to lead or actively participate in technical walkthroughs.
Capable of quickly learning new technical skills and grasp new concepts.
Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively present to the target audience.
Requires excellent analytical, organization, and time management skills, strong judgment, and basic management skills, and the ability to work effectively with clients and IT management and staff personnel. Detail oriented, uses sound judgment, is proactive and self motivated
Asserts ideas, encourages teamwork and acts as a role model when leading and directing others.
Ability to handle multiple tasks on a variety of assignments.
Aware of the Bank’s business plan and strategic objectives.
Possess a thorough understanding of the business unit’s role and how they fit into the organization.
Good project organizational skills.
ABOUT M & T
At M & T, we strive to be the best place our employees ever work, the best bank our customers ever do business with and the best investment our shareholders ever make. So when looking to advance your career, look to M & T. As a top 20 US bank holding company and one of the best performing regional banks in the country, we offer a wide range of performance based career development opportunities for talented professionals. And through our longstanding tradition of careful, conservative and consistent management and a strong commitment to the communities we serve, we continue to grow with a focus on the future.
M & T Bank – 4 hours ago – report job – original job
On Company Site
Save this job
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.