FreeWheel is looking for passionate Sr. Software Engineers to help design, build and support our high-quality, innovative video advertising platform. This position is based in New York. FreeWheel helps the television industry to monetize their premium contents through a robust technology platform, which enables consumers to view high quality videos on any devices including PC, smart phone, OTT device, set-top box and traditional TV. FreeWheel’s New York Engineering Hub is a core part of our global engineering group that is building the one-stop solution for TV industry to manage its billion-dollar revenue. Our tech platform is capable of handling billions of daily requests, processing terabytes of raw daily data, and optimizing clients’ business.
Job Description — Responsibilities:
- Design, architect, and implement solutions utilizing AWS services, Kubernetes, and containerization technologies.
- Develop and manage highly scalable and reliable infrastructure on AWS, ensuring optimal performance and cost efficiency.
- Deploy and manage containerized applications using Kubernetes and related orchestration tools.
- Implement security best practices and ensure the integrity and compliance of the AWS infrastructure and containerized environments.
- Optimize application performance, scalability, and availability in the AWS cloud environment.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather requirements and translate them into technical designs and specifications.
- Document and maintain software functionality.
- Support overall business.
- Solve issues in technical way.
Innovation and Cooperation:
- Stay updated with the latest advancements in AWS services, Kubernetes, and containerization technologies, and evaluate their potential impact on our infrastructure and applications.
- Troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure and application-related issues, working closely with the operations and development teams.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify and implement automation and optimization opportunities across the infrastructure and deployment processes.
- Partner with global engineering, product and operations teams to further incorporate collective innovations.
- Mentor junior level software engineers.
Job Description – About You / Qualification:
- In-depth understanding of cloud, containerization and other related technologies, familiar with distributed architecture and commonly-used middleware such as cache, message queue, Nginx, etc.,
- Experience in large-scale online service design, development and operation and maintenance is preferred
- Good understanding of Linux/Unix, with excellent data structure and algorithm foundation
- Proficiency in C/C++ or Golang and network programming.
- Experience with large system software design and development.
- Experience with distributed systems and mission-critical systems is preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in problem solving and technical innovation.
- Strong passion with learning/practicing new technics.
- Knowledgeable aboutSDLC, Agile and Software Engineering Methodology.
- Team working skills, Good communication skills, Willingness to work under pressure.
- Have strong ability and persistency on technical support.
- Have ability to work close with global teams and accept additional working time besides normal working hours to have meeting or co-working with global teams.
- Advertising industry experience is a plus.
Bachelor's Degree or above.
Relevant Work Experience
- Construct and optimize the infrastructure of the ad delivery system with high concurrency, high availability, and low latency ad delivery.
- Continuous optimization and reconstruction of existing systems to support rapid business development.
- Responsible for end-to-end software development, Assists with the software update process for existing applications and roll-outs of software releases.
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Researches, writes and edits documentation and technical requirements, including software designs, evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals and formal recommendations and reports.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior-level Software Development Engineers.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of and ability to apply, process design and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.