Job Posting Title
Sr Software Engineer
An employee filling the role of Sr Software Engineer – DevOps Engineer, will be responsible for activities that ensure the quality, reliability, and stability of ESPN’s production systems and services that power the fan experience. These activities include leading the development of infrastructure automation that enables large-scale deployments. The candidate will lead the automation of the build and deploy process for ESPN services. This includes the development of management REST services, automated tests, and documentation.
The Sr Software Engineer – DevOps Engineer will also spend a significant amount of time in guided exploration of new technologies and solutions that are applicable to the short, medium, and long run goals of ESPN’s Technology group. This position offers the opportunity and responsibility to contribute to the development of the future of ESPN’s Technology platforms.
If this sounds like you, ESPN wants your help building the future of sports content delivery.
Auto req ID
Country / Region
Job Posting – Segment
Primary Job Posting Category
– Expert proficiency in Linux system administration.
– Expert proficiency in deploying Cloud based infrastructure.
– Expert proficiency in modern SCM packages (Puppet and/or Chef, etc.).
– Advanced to Expert proficiency in programming languages (Python, Java, Ruby, C/C++, Node.JS, Bash etc), database technologies (Oracle, MySQL, Redis), and networking protocols used for the implementation of supported systems
– A minimum of 5 years of progressively complex related experience.
Job Posting – Primary Business
– BS Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent.
– Experience writing, maintaining and deploying RESTful services
– Experience troubleshooting and using build tools (Gradle, Maven, Make)
– Knowledge of modern cloud architectures
– Experience collecting and analyzing metrics to improve software and process quality
Primary Location-Postal Code
– Master’s degree in a relevant field
– Activities to ensure the quality, reliability and stability of production systems and services.
– Leads engagement with software developers and infrastructure engineers to integrate software development and delivery from inception to full operation, ensuring robust released software and systems, typically for high traffic services or key infrastructure.
– Leads in the analysis of technical requirements of applications to ensure systems provide required availability, latency, scalability and efficiency.
– Develops the technical ‘vision’ for fault tolerance, performance enhancement and configuration management of applications, and may lead in implementation.
– Advises infrastructure team regarding current and future systems needs and repercussions of infrastructure changes.
– May participate in the development of infrastructure and platform roadmaps.
– Leads the release of new software and systems, typically for high traffic services or key infrastructure.
Alternate Country / Region
Alternate Location-Postal Code
Job Reference #: ******
Job Status: Full Time
Date Posted: 9/5/2018
Recruiter and Available Location Information
-, Bristol, CT 06010
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.