Do you enjoy developing new products and services? Join us! Our Software Engineers work in an agile, collective environment. You will be using your skills and expertise to define, design, develop, test, certify and improve cutting-edge software products. These cover a very wide range from advanced mission payloads and electronic systems through highly integrated aircraft to orbital and space exploration systems. You'll perform coding, debugging, testing, and troubleshooting of systems and software throughout our development process. Your technical duties involve the design and development of new software products throughout the product lifecycle.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for executing software architecture into functional software packages and deliverables for hosting a variety of payloads within a greater system being developed.
The successful candidate will ensure software requirements are effectively integrated into the system through purposeful software architecture, design, development, and configuration. The Software Engineer will employ strong technical, analytical, and creative skills to visualize, evaluate, and disseminate software engineering principles.
The ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance), Aviation, and Security (IAS) business area is a leader in ISR and aviation, it is a leading prime manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for innovative, high-performance ISR and aviation systems. Its end-to-end Command, Control, Computers, Communications and Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (C4ISR) capabilities encompass design, integration, test, certification, ground/flight training and complete logistics support. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations – with an unrivaled record of on time and on (or under) budget deliveries. Learn more about IAS
- Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related discipline and typically 10 or more years of relevant experience.
- Understanding of industry standard software languages such as C, C#, C++, HTML, Java, Python, and Bash.
- Experience with software tools for requirements tracking, code reviews, static analysis, library and artifact repository, and automated build.
- Experience using tools such as Jira and Git.
- Knowledge of software methodologies applicable within embedded software systems.
- Experience in Aerospace and Defense development environments.
- Experience with DevSecOps.
- Experience with DoD Open Architecture Management Standards and associated Universal Command and Control Interface (UCI) and the Open Mission Systems (OMS) Standards.
- Experience with Continuous integration/Continuous Deployment pipelines.
- Understanding of air and/or space domain design reference missions, mission vignettes, and system CONOPS.
- Desire for new challenges, to be on the ground floor of an exciting capability for our nation, and to be part of the initial cadre developing a new multi-domain system.
- Experience working on multi-disciplinary design and development teams.
- An active Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required. Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
- Masters of Science degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
- Broad experience touching multiple engineering disciplines.
- Experience with system architectures that enable variable levels of automation.
- Experience with early phases of the program development lifecycle, including architecture definition, requirements development, and preliminary design.
- Experience with UML (Unified Modeling Language) design modeling in tools such as Rhapsody or Cameo enterprise architect.
- Familiarity with UAF and/or DoDAF framework(s) and associated design products.
This position requires current/active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. Citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
Estimated Starting Salary Range: $120,552.10 – $165,759.14
SNC offers annual incentive pay based upon performance that is commensurate with the level of the position.
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 6%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use. Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), our mission is to our mission is to safeguard our freedom and inspire the next generation to make a lasting impact on humanity through technology and imagination. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome our employees to bring their whole selves to their work. SNC is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Contributions to SNC come in many shapes and styles, and we believe diversity in our workforce fosters new and greater ways to dream, innovate, and inspire.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.