We are a passionate team working to build a best-in-class healthcare product designed to make high-quality healthcare easy to access. We are looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer who can build new engineering solutions with a motivated team that will delight our customers. The problem space is well-defined but the solution space is not and strong technical acumen and ability to spot problems at architecture stage would be important. This role requires deep technical expertise, and gives you the opportunity to engineer systems and build reliable and secure services for healthcare. You have an eye towards quality, and insist on the highest standards. You are motivated to tackle ambiguous situations with technologies to rapidly solve problems. You are a team player, contribute to the execution of team objectives, and leverage technical knowledge and engineering best practices to rapidly deliver solutions that have a broad business impact.
Key job responsibilities
About the team
Amazon’s mission is to make it dramatically easier for customers to access the healthcare products and services they need to get and stay healthy. Towards this mission, we (Health Storefront and Shared Tech) are building the technology, products and services, that help customers find, buy, and engage with the healthcare solutions they need.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one software programming language
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
* 7+ years developing software solutions
* Understanding software design principles and computer science fundamentals
* Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
* Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
* Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs at scale
* Curiosity and drive to learn new technologies and business domains
* Prior experience building services on a cloud platform (AWS or otherwise)
* Prior experience working for a consumer-facing technology company
* Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and asynchronous architectures
* Track record of mentoring other SDEs
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.