Sr. Software Engineer Job in Eagan, MN | RefinitivLinkedInFacebook
– Financial products
– Risk products
– Inside Financial & Risk Blog
– > Sr. Software Engineer – Eagan, MN
Join Our Talent Network
Sr. Software Engineer
Thomson Reuters Technology Development 12/10/2018 9:55:51 AM Eagan, MN United States of America
Sr Software Engineer, Data Integration Engineer
A successful candidate will have vast experience in data integration such as ETL, Big Data, and data analytics. Ability to promote best practices, increase our capabilities with new ideas. If you like a diverse culture, can consistently demonstrate a high level of integrity, are accountable and want to be part of a dynamic organization then this may be the opportunity for you!
– As one of the technology leads on the Data Services team, you will process and deploy best practices for data integration. Enforce standards while still meeting demanding timelines. Promote your experiences to help evolve our data analytics, data warehouse, ETL, and big data capabilities to achieve the best possible solutions for our business and applications.
– Partner with the business and development teams to deliver data solutions, and respond to support and enhancement inquires.
– Work closely with PM’s and Delivery Team managers to ensure smooth project delivery including negotiating scope as needed.
– Actively participate in all phases of the Agile SDLC, including initial ideation, requirements definition, development, QA/UAT, and release management.
– Ability to think strategically and bring forth new ideas
– Responsible for production support activities, on-call functions for all ETL loads and load processes.
– Collaborate with our data modeler and data architects, to help improve our data delivery, security and reporting capabilities for the enterprise.
– Research new tools and technologies that can benefit our team and processes.
– Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
– 8+ years of technology industry experience.
– Working knowledge in big data, AWS, Hadoop.
– 5+ years of experience in design, development, deployment and support activities using Enterprise ETL platforms or other data integration tools or processes.
– Working understanding of Symantec Web technologies using Graph repositories, RDF, Sparql, OWL.
– Working experience with Amazon AWS Cloud technologies (S3, Neptune, Lambdas, security, IAM users, Aurora) are a plus.
– Expert in SQL or similar query language programming.
– Knowledge of shell scripting in a Unix/Linux environment required.
– Experience using Python, Java, Spring, and API interfaces.
– In depth understanding of data analysis, data cleansing, data auditing, data profiling, data modeling, entity-relationship modeling and dimensions modeling.
– Experienced in the analysis of business processes, workflow, data mapping and cross-data integration in complex data warehouse environments.
– Significant experience with Agile methodology, SDLC.
– Use of Snaplogic or a related 3rd party ETL SaaS package a plus.
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities
– Able to balance and prioritize multiple concurrent projects effectively.
– Aptitude for generating innovative solutions and has a bias toward action.
– Self-motivated, responsible, and accountable.
– Excellent analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate conceptual and technical ideas
– Aptitude to quickly understand key technologies and how users interface with them.
– Knowledge of data modeling tools and their benefits a plus.
The Financial and Risk Business of Thomson Reuters is now Refinitiv. Refinitiv equips the financial community with access to an open platform that uncovers opportunity and catalyzes change. With a dynamic combination of data, insights, technology, and news from Reuters, our customers can access solutions for every challenge, including a breadth of applications, tools, and contentall supported by human expertise. At Refinitiv, we facilitate the connections that propel people and organizations to find new possibilities to move forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the worldregardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Req #: JREQ******
Locations: Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Job Function: Technology Development
Link for schema
– Supply chain transparency
– Privacy statement
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.