We're powering a cleaner, brighter future.
Exelon is leading the energy transformation, and we're calling all problem solvers, innovators, community builders and change makers. Work with us to deliver solutions that make our diverse cities and communities stronger, healthier and more resilient.
We're powered by purpose-driven people like you who believe in being inclusive and creative, and value safety, innovation, integrity and community service. We are a Fortune 200 company, 19,000 colleagues strong serving more than 10 million customers at six energy companies — Atlantic City Electric (ACE), Baltimore Gas and Electric (BGE), Commonwealth Edison (ComEd), Delmarva Power & Light (DPL), PECO Energy Company (PECO), and Potomac Electric Power Company (Pepco).
In our relentless pursuit of excellence, we elevate diverse voices, fresh perspectives and bold thinking. And since we know transforming the future of energy is hard work, we provide competitive compensation, incentives, excellent benefits and the opportunity to build a rewarding career.
Join Exelon's Work and Asset Management team to help set direction for Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) Platform as part of the Technical Architecture and Strategy Team.
Are you in?
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Lead activities relating to designing, building, testing, implementing and maintaining solutions, products and processes. Provide IT teams and business personnel with technology solutions by evaluating technology standards, market availability of products, risks and benefits of technology to deliver solutions that meet business/IT needs. Coordinate the tasks of less experienced engineers and collaborate across teams as needed. Independence level: Works independently with minimal guidance. Works closely with scrum masters, project managers, QA, Creative, and UX team members to ensure compliance with project needs.
Your role will be centered on the development and improvement of new and existing features. Additionally, you will be reviewing the code of your peers, advocating for standard development methodologies, and participating in an inclusive, energetic and highly cross-functional team. The role encompasses architect, design, implementation, and testing to ensure building products are right and to release them with high quality.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Engage with business partners to gather information, analyze requirements and deliver practical, efficient and cost-effective solutions that satisfy business needs. Writes product specifications and design documentation for assigned system components. (25%)
- Lead engineering team and provide oversight for less experienced engineers; Stay on top of latest technologies and trends. Using error reports, establish priorities and assign out bugs to relevant team members for resolution. Support development of version control principles (e.g., Git and working within an agile environment), CI/CD pipeline and various automations. (25%)
- Design, develop and/or review complex code to ensure solutions meet the requirements of functional and technical specifications. Develop and/or review project technical architecture design and development. Solutions may include but are not limited to the development of various types of applications, web, mobile app, full stack or integrations hosted on premises data centers or in the cloud. Develop automated Unit tests and/or automated UI tests. (20%)
- Ensure all risks and issues that affect the project are captured following set process and are actioned appropriately. (10%)
- Enhance knowledge of and compliance with preferred technologies, methodologies, standards and policies. Maintain technical knowledge and business acumen within own discipline or function. Strong debugging and problem-solving skills; lead peer code reviews. (10%)
- Provide IT teams and business personnel with technology solutions by weighing advantages of technology trends, market availability of products, risks and benefits of technology to meet business/IT needs. Participate in IT architecture review and standards setting. Assist in the development of white papers, conducting presentations as needed to explain why a technology is being recommended by IT. (10%)
- Maintain deep knowledge of technology and its application across our business areas or for our customers.
- Promote knowledge via seminars, presentations and publications within IT and Exelon
- Participate in technological innovation to drive new business opportunities and solve complex business problems.
- Shape and advance core team processes to increase operational efficiency and quality.
- Coach and lead other engineers assigned to their product or project team.
- Considered highly skilled and proficient in discipline. Conducts complex, important work under minimal supervision and with wide latitude for independent judgment.
- Bachelor’s degree (ex: Computer Science or related discipline) and 5-8 years of relevant experience (programming technologies) or minimum 9+ years of relevant combination of education and work experience in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrated ability to lead small to medium teams in delivering software solutions.
- Demonstrates strong software development capabilities coupled with the ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated strong teamwork skills with self-motivation to achieve success in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Excellent communications skills – Able to effectively communicate highly technical information in non-technical terminology (written and verbal).
- Strong knowledge of Operating Systems – Windows, Solaris or Linux; or strong knowledge of cloud platforms – Azure, Amazon or Google
- Strong understanding of advanced programming concepts, data structure and algorithms
- Programming Languages/Platforms: Mastered 2-3 languages/frameworks. Understand functional programming and know when and how to apply functional concepts in any programming language. Possess a deep understanding of how the platform functions including code execution. Comfortable with their package manager tools.
- Database: Well-versed in using database views, stored procedures, triggers, and user-defined data types (UDT). In order to speed up the query process, apply knowledge of index syntax to create custom clustered and non-clustered indexes.
- APIs: Deep and solid knowledge of the main APIs used. Capable of designing End to end new APIs.
- Troubleshooting: Can handle almost all analysis and support activities independently.
- Has full-stack experience.
- Collaborates independently with team members, including designers, business analysts, and architects.
- Define and implement best practices.
- Subject Matter Expertise in a particular critical area
- Capable of turning requirements into solutions, providing estimates on tasks, and assisting in planning/decomposing larger sections of work.
- Prior experience in leading software development efforts, designing conceptual data models & system architecture, and user interfaces, is a major plus.
- Master’s degree in CS (or equivalent field) plus 3 years of relevant experiences
- Experience with Agile software development and test-driven development
- Experience in automated testing including unit testing, UI testing and functional testing.
- Demonstrated understanding of what makes good software design, a deeper understanding of programming languages, and an ability to solve engineering problems of increasing difficulty. Shows initiative beyond pure implementation.
- Experience building highly scalable applications.
- Experience working with SCRUM, Kanban or other Agile development environments.
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project milestones and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.