As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you work at Meijer, you’re provided with career and community opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and development. Consider joining our family – take care of your career and your community!
Paid parental leave
Paid education assistance
Care.com/back-up care assistance
Team member discount
Development programs for advancement and career growth
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
Remote and Hybrid Work Schedules Available – Must live within the Meijer footprint [Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Kentucky] Or, be willing to relocate (relocation assistance available).
- Remote Option: Work remote M–F, AND be available as needed to attend occasional on-site meetings as required at Meijer corporate offices in (Grand Rapids) Walker, MI.
- Hybrid Option: Work office M-W, work remote Th-F
The Sr. Software Engineer – .NET, Cross-Platform Mobile Development, Azure Development – Retail Store Technologies designs, develops, tests, maintains and enhances business applications as a member of an Agile development team, and works with the entire team to ensure development conforms to acceptance criteria. This position drives engagement with vendors, company customers, IT colleagues and other stakeholders to understand customer requirements and system interfaces, assess available technologies/vendor packages, and present solutions. This position will work with business product owners, developers, and quality analysts to drive value delivery and will participate in all phases of Agile software development. This position will use Microsoft .NET, C#, Xamarin, React Native, SQL Server and Azure Cloud Components to develop store team member solutions to help operations deliver their business objectives on-time and under budget. This position is expected to design, design review, code, code review, test, develop unit testing and assist with deployment of applications to various environments. This position will also participate in Agile ceremonies to ensure alignment and priority with the business.
What You'll be Doing (Responsibilities):
- Designs, codes, tests, and implements programs; develops system documentation according to SAFe Agile principles and industry standards.
- Develops and performs unit tests, monitors results, and takes required corrective actions as needed.
- Mentors and coaches other members of the agile team.
- Assists in the deployment of applications.
- Ensure successful implementation in production and after-hour support as required.
- Optimizes and enhances applications and interfaces to meet SLA/functional requirements.
- Provides subject matter expertise and technical consultation in new systems development, new package system evaluations and enhancement of existing systems.
- Drives engagement with ITS Security and Infrastructure teams to ensure secure deployment of vendor applications.
- Assists product owners in systems analysis and creation of documentation for all business processes.
- Interfaces with the Product Owner and IT partners to develop acceptance criteria for features and user stories and ensures acceptance criteria are met.
- Works within the SAFe Agile framework.
- Coordinates new product reviews, tests and pilots with other IT members, customers and stakeholders.
- Coordinates feasibility studies/proofs of concept to evaluate solutions.
- Coordinates structured walk throughs, secure coding, and technical reviews ensuring application coding and design follows secure coding and design principles.
- Assists in the production support and maintenance of applications as needed.
- Actively participates in all team Agile ceremonies.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s or 12 years' experience (or comparable combination of education and related experience).
- Any Agile certification
- Must have 10+ years’ experience in large scale business application development
- Expertise with calling vendor API interfaces
- Expertise in design and implementation of IT solutions, using Microsoft .NET, C#, Xamarin, React Native, SQL Server
- Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: Strong knowledge of development tools (Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Postman, SQL Server Management Studio, PowerShell, scripting languages)
- Knowledgeable in MS Azure Cloud Development (Azure Functions, Cosmos DB, Azure Logic Apps, App Services, Cloud Design Patterns)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of structured analysis and technical design techniques.
- Strong knowledge of database management and file access methods is desirable.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of agile practices in a cross-functional environment preferred.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.