You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
- Ability to design systems and implement new software architecture patterns.
- Mentor junior Cloud and Software Engineers.
- Troubleshoot problems with software and infrastructure.
- Automating disaster recovery, high availability, and fault tolerance.
- Present new ideas to leadership and present on topics to improve the learning of others.
- Identifies, drives and leads in the implementation of products to standardize how we deploy applications in AWS. Designs reusable architectures and services that can be leveraged by agile teams to improve development velocity.
- Knows how applications should be engineered by following fault tolerate best practices, with proper data replications and multi region support.
- Responsible for End to End solution (designing, building and maintenance of the assets) involving multiple platforms and business solutions within Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Cloud (AWS) technologies.
- Develops Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using CloudFormation templates, YAML files, build specifications, and Lambda functions to have a completely automated build and release process for all AWS resource infrastructure and code artifacts.
- Highly knowledgeable of Amazon Web Services including but not limited to Lambda, CloudWatch, ECS, EKS, RDS, S3, IAM, SNS, SQS, EventBridge, Transfer family, Service Catalog.
- Ability to understand technology trade off risks and rewards for the best customer value delivery.
- Challenges teams for continuous improvement ideas and supports the team for implementation.
- Takes ownership to drive innovation for effectively leveraging technology to solve the customer problem.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science
- 7+ years of experience in application software solution development along with team lead responsibilities
- 1+ years software architecture and systems design experience
- Great oral and written communication skills
- 2+ year of experience with containerization and experience in cloud infrastructure environments like AWS and various AWS resources like Lambda, ECS, Fargate, Aurora, Cloud Formation, Route 53, S3, AWS Load Balancing (ALB), SQS, SNS etc.
- Infrastructure as Code experience, like CloudFormation, Terraform, CDK, etc.
- Experience with continuous integration and DevOps methodologies, preferred tools such as GitHub, Codebuild,Jenkins, Rally, SonarQube etc.
- Experience with Oracle/RDS and Postgress relational database technologies. Knowledge of open source database technologies is beneficial
- Strong technical knowledge of AWS relating to application development.
- Ability to write code to automate manual processes
- Proven ability to work with cross functional teams and translate requirements between business, project management and technical projects or programs.
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartford’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The annualized base pay range for this role is:
$102,000 – $153,000
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Senior Staff Software Engineer – IE07HE
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.