The Leidos Public Health Operation is seeking a Sr System Administrator, Contingent upon contract award, to support a Modernization effort for the CDC.
Role is expected to be fully remote
Configures and administers the Enterprise Data Catalog (EDC) at the system level. Works with OCIO administrators and PH program stewards to ensure consistency and support of the Chief Information Officer’s (CIO) needs. Ensures that the EDC platform adheres to government regulations and industry best practices. Facilitates the management of the configuration and change management of the CDC's information components, products, and systems. Works closely with the DevOps team to ensure that all infrastructure is automated and scalable. Promotes transparency and communication across the CDC IT enterprise to facilitate a feedback loop between the service provider and users.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and 12 years of progressive related experience
- Knowledge of Implementing technical and workflow procedures, troubleshoot network and application issues, and provide guidance and technical assistance.
- Experience developing technical configuration documents, managing the data lifecycles, and supporting technical design reviews.
- Demonstrated experience creating, testing and maintaining test, development and production environments using Linux and Cloud (AWS and Azure) technologies.
- Experience troubleshooting issues with software applications, networking, Windows or Linux Operating Systems.
- Experience performing system administration tasks – installing, maintaining, monitoring, recovering, rebuilding, upgrading, patching.
- Experience researching technical solutions beyond internal SOPs.
- Working knowledge of managing configuration and maintenance of Cloud platform services
- Experience with ticketing systems such as Jira, ServiceNow, or similar
- Experience with Ansible or similar orchestration tools
- Demonstrated experience preparing and deliver required documentation to include both program and user level documentation.
- Experience with CI/CD tools: Jenkins, Git, Artifactory
- Experience with reporting tools and SharePoint
- Experience in MS Azure or Amazon Web Service (AWS) cloud environments
- Experience with Front-end Web Application Firewall (WAF) to safeguard against cyber attacks
- Knowledge of Azure Key Vault and API key tokens for secure data access
- Azure or AWS Certifications
- Experience with CDC/Public Health
- Experience working in Scaled Agile (SAFe) environments
Requires ability to obtain Public Trust level 5 clearance
Pay Range $105,300.00 – $190,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.