Transform technology into opportunity as a Sr. Systems Administrator (Data Management) with GDIT. A career in enterprise IT means connecting and enhancing the systems that matter most. At GDIT you'll be at the forefront of innovation and play a meaningful part in improving how agencies operate.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Sr. Systems Administrator (Data Management) you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on a TS/SCI Cleared Systems Administrator (Data Management) joining our team to support our intelligence customer in Tampa, FL.
HOW A SR SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR (DATA MANAGEMENT) WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Developing advanced technical solutions for the management of software, configurations, and architectures. Provides interpretation to systems matters that are highly complex in nature.
- Maintain data and metadata to ensure that the data meets relevant standards (i.e. accessible, discoverable, consistent, and transferable) and are organized, current, authoritative, and appropriately maintained.
- Collaborate with mission partners to develop and maintain comprehensive, multi-source data storage and retrieval strategies to support intelligence operations.
- Acquiring, organizing, replicating, and disseminating NGA geospatial data products to various intelligence organizations/agencies.
- Provides troubleshooting support for software issues that are highly difficult in scope.
- Develops SOPs and training materials for end user training on the proper use of software applications and services.
- May coach and review the work of less-experienced professionals.
- May serve as a team or task leader. (Not a people manager)
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
Bachelor's degree in related field with approximately five (5) years of experience or approximately nine (9) years of experience in a database management field.
Data Management Knowledge in the following areas: GEOINT Data Repositories, GIS principles, GEOINT Data Standards, NGA Release & Disclosure Policies, Database Access Procedures, Data Backup & Recovery Procedures, Data Storage Processes, and Validation Procedures
Domain knowledge specific to foreign disclosure of information and required to hold current Foreign Disclosure Officer (FDO) training
Domain knowledge of different NGA libraries and data holdings and experience in recommending specific GEOINT products to meet analytical workflows
Support hours: This job requires the candidate to support a night-shift schedule (8:00 pm ET – 6:00 am ET) on a rotational basis.
Location: On Customer Site
US Citizenship Required
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
• 401K with company match
• Comprehensive health and wellness packages
• Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
• Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
• Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
• Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
Years of Experience
5 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
U.S. Citizenship Required
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.