Systems Engineer Senior
Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT's fastest growing and long-standing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting-edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
Position affords the opportunity to mentor others and grow professionally both on your own and as part of a team.
As part of the Service Center West Operations Team, you'll be charged with maintaining service availability levels for multiple servers located in main data centers and remote locations across the globe.
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Download, stage and deploy systems-related security policies and updates to maintain information system compliance with DISA security policies and procedures (STIGs, IAVAs, etc.)
- Creates and maintains detailed system documentation.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
- Maintains current knowledge of rapidly changing technology, always on the lookout for new technologies, and works with management to evolve current processes.
- Develop scripts (PowerShell, VBScript, etc.) to perform recurring systems administration tasks, automate installs, gather metrics, etc.
- Deploy Operating System and third-party updates via Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
- Produce monthly network statistics to meet SLAs.
- Maintain and update DHCP scopes and options.
- Maintain and update print services across multiple print servers.
- This position may require early evening system maintenance and occasional on-call after hours.
- 5+ years of experience is required.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Must possess and maintain a TS/SCI Clearance.
- Experience Windows infrastructure services (DHCP, DNS. Authentication, Active Directory, and connectivity troubleshooting) required.
- Understanding of Agile, ITIL, DevOps practices.
- Experience with infrastructure including but not limited to: data center operations, server hardware, operating systems (Windows, Linux), web servers, databases, virtualization (VMware), networking, storage, monitoring, etc.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- May be required to work evening, weekend, and holiday hours as required.
- Must meet DoD 8570 requirements and be eligible for IAT level II access upon hire for positions with elevated privileges and must obtain ITIL V4 Foundation within six months of hire.
- Depending on job assignment, additional specific certifications may be required.
- Mastery of the PowerShell scripting language.
- Experience automating and configuring systems using Desired State Configuration (DSC).
- Horizon View/VDI
- SCSM and/or ServiceNow
- SCCM/MS Endpoint Manager
- MCSE, MCSA, MCITP: EA
- VMWare Certification(s)
Years of Experience
5 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
U.S. Citizenship Required
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.