At Magna, we create technology that disrupts the industry and solves big problems for consumers, our customers, and the world around us. We’re the only mobility technology company and supplier with complete expertise across the entire vehicle.
We are committed to quality and continuous improvement because our products impact millions of people every day. But we’re more than what we make. We are a group of entrepreneurial-minded people whose collective expertise gives us a competitive advantage. World Class Manufacturing is a journey and it’s our talented people who lead us on this journey.
Magna is seeking a highly motivated Senior Systems Engineer to join the New Mobility group in Boston, Massachusetts. The engineer is responsible for defining electromechanical systems for robotic platforms. They will assist with requirement definition for the overall system, architecture exploration and design, and flow down of requirements to subsystems. They will work with the design and test teams to ensure that requirements are met, and architectures are successfully implemented.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working with minimal supervision to meet defined program objectives and milestones in an environment where they will be given the freedom to innovate, explore new methods and solutions. Magna New Mobility offers an agile engineering and development community; one in which a candidate will be expected to bring a high level of energy and enthusiasm.
- Transform customer requirements into system requirements in a cross-disciplinary manner (with team members in electrical, mechanical, software, etc).
- Generate, analyze, and present potential architectures.
- Generate requirements for subsystems and assist the development team in creating those subsystems.
- Evaluate internal and external engineering design change requests.
- Interface with customers on requirements and architectural design topics.
- Present and review architectures with stakeholders (customers, product management, project leads).
- Perform other duties, support special projects and tasks as assigned.
- Must work in an organized and orderly fashion, following modelling guidelines and/or industry best practices; be responsible for own work area, maintenance of tool-chain and equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or similar technical field (Masters preferred).
- Minimum 5 years of experience in systems engineering, preferably in the robotics or automotive industry.
Special Knowledge / Skills
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects; requires good time management and organizational skills to meet stringent deadlines.
- Experience with robotics (electromechanical assemblies, embedded electronics, perception, planning, controls, communication protocols, etc).
- Experience with safety engineering (e.g. Functional Safety, SoTIF, safety case development).
- Knowledge of vehicle connectivity/telematics including communication protocols.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Able to work with a distributed global team.
- Willing to learn and work with new technologies.
- Experience using requirements management (Doors, Jama, etc) and issue management (Jira) tools
- Highly proficient with MS Office based productivity tools incl. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, etc.
Physical Demands / Work Environment
- Normal amount of sitting or standing, average mobility to move around an office environment, able to conduct normal amount of work at a computer.
- Hybrid in-office policy:3 days in office per week.
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That’s why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.