The Sr. Engineer will work with IT management to drive the technical vision and purpose of cloud based infrastructure. This role consults with business and technical teams to steer the design and implementation of high-quality software deliverables across all-phases of all applicable projects. This position is expected to leverage considerable industry expertise to consult and influence the business's system definitions in pursuit of industry best practices. The Sr. Engineer is expected to demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm for customer success while aligning technical solutions across Friedkin companies.
This strategic role is expected to propose and implement solutions considering multiple levels of impact, such as cost/benefit, team impact and strategic support. The Sr. Engineer works to identify gaps in solutions and proactively works with both technical and business teams to resolve and reduce impacts. This position is responsible for stacks includin virtualization, flash-based storage SAN, Linux/Windows Servers, and multiple cloud technologies. The role is ideal for someone who is hands on and strategic in designing solutions.
* Share knowledge and skills with fellow team members
* Design and document processes and procedures to ensure the compute and storage environment is operating efficiently and in line with best practices
* Identify and become proficient in emerging technologies needed to provide visionary service and support for customers
* Collaborate across teams to meet project goals. This will include working with developers, IT security, and other IT teams across the organization
* Manage and monitor all installed infrastructure systems
* Proactively ensure the highest levels of system availability
* Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
* Troubleshoot, remediate, and perform root-cause analysis on systems ranging from compute, storage, Linux/Windows servers, Exchange/O365, Active Directory, and other related technologies
* Provide On-Call support and systems patching on a scheduled rotation
* Other responsibilities as requested
* Responsibly receive, transmit, and handle consumer and customer data per applicable policies and procedures.
* Review and follow data privacy practices, policies, and guidelines.
* Requires a bachelors' degree 8 to 10 years of experience in the field or related area or possess an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* 5 years of Red Hat/Linux Server experience, Linux certification preferred
* 5 years of Windows Server experience
* 3 years of virtualization experience, VMware preferred
* 3 years backup technology experience, VEEAM and or Cohesity preferred
* Ansible automation experience
* Proven ability to configure and support Azure, AWS, and VMware infrastructure and services
* Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
* Strong understanding of and experience supporting the following:
* Experience designing, implementing and supporting secure, highly resilient systems
* Experienced in supporting production data center environments
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to articulate technical information to non-technical audience
* Ability to manage and prioritize work – both project based and day-to-day operations
* Knowledge and understanding of concepts of DHCP, DNS, load balancing, scripting, SMTP, server clustering, GFS backup methodology, RBAC and ITIL methodologies
* Patch and vulnerability management experience is a plus
* Knowledge of containers is a plus
* Centrify experience is a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS*
Certifications specific to cloud infrastructure area of focus are a strong advantage.
Minimal travel is required for this position (up to 20% of the time and on a domestic basis).
*Legally authorized to work in the United States, without Sponsorship
The Friedkin Group and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces by conducting pre-employment drug testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.