LIVING OUR VALUES
All associates are guided by Our Values. Our Values are the unifying foundation of our companies. We strive to ensure that every decision we make and every action we take demonstrates Our Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates lasting benefits for all of our associates, shareholders, and the communities in which we live.
The Sr. Systems Engineer will work with Infrastructure, IT Security, application and ITSM teams to coordinate Windows/Linux patching. The Sr. Systems Engineer will create and maintain operational procedures as needed to ensure patching success rates and will be the primary contact for security patching.
The Sr. Systems Engineer will be responsible for overseeing the scheduling, deployment and tracking for all server patching efforts in a large-scale enterprise environment using SCCM and Ansible. This position requires a demonstrated knowledge of Windows and Linux OS system administration, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, the ability to proactively identify risk and drive remediation.
- All system administration duties associated with managing the Patch Management systems
- Define patching standards and process to maintain server health across the enterprise environment
- Testing patches prior to distribution
- Performing patch and software distributions
- Maintains an up-to-date understanding of emerging cyber threats
- Creating reports for management use which demonstrate system health and patching compliance
- Maintain security and systems patch levels on Windows/Linux operating systems, applications, and server/storage hardware
- Identify and become proficient in emerging technologies needed to provide visionary service and support for customers
- Collaborate across teams to meet project goals, including working with developers, IT security, and other IT teams across the organization
- Troubleshoot, remediate, and perform root-cause analysis on systems ranging from compute, storage, Exchange/O365, Active Directory, Windows Servers, Linux, and other related technologies
- Provide On-Call support and systems patching on a scheduled rotation.
- Other responsibilities Managing security configuration of the Patch Management systems as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsibly receive, transmit, and handle consumer and customer data per applicable policies and procedures.
- Review and follow data privacy practices, policies, and guidelines.
Education and Experience requirements:
Requires a bachelors’ degree 8 to 10 years of experience in the field or related area or possess an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years of Windows and Linux Server experience
- 3 years of virtualization experience, VMware preferred
- 3 years Patch and vulnerability management experience using SCCM/MEPM, Rapid7
- Experience using automation systems such as Ansible preferred
- Experience with enterprise backup software, VEEAM experience preferred
- Experience supporting production data center environments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to configure and support Azure, AWS, and VMware infrastructure and services
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory in a multi-forest / multi-domain environment
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of and experience supporting the following:
- Enterprise storage technologies, Isilon and Pure SAN preferred
- Enterprise network technologies
- Microsoft Exchange Online and O365
- Ability to articulate technical information to non-technical audience
- Ability to manage and prioritize work – both project based and day-to-day operations
- Knowledge and understanding of concepts of DHCP, DNS, load balancing, scripting, SMTP, server clustering, GFS backup methodology, RBAC and ITIL methodologies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS*
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of the job, the associate is required on a daily basis to analyze and interpret data, communicate, and remain in a stationary position for a significant amount of the work day; and frequently access, input, and retrieve information from the computer and other office productivity devices. The associate is regularly required to move about the office and around the corporate campus. The associate is occasionally required to travel to other sites, including out-of-state, where applicable, for business. The associate must frequently move up to 10 pounds and occasionally move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While the job is generally performed in an office environment, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, areas in which moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals are present, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the office environment is typically quiet, but the associate may be occasionally exposed to loud noise levels.
Minimal travel is required for this position (up to 20% of the time and on a domestic basis).
The Friedkin Group and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces by conducting pre-employment drug testing.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.