Sr. Technical Support Engineer
Business Group Control Products and Solutions
No. of Positions 1positions’,’
Requisition Number 81580BR
Job Category Sales, Services, and Solutions
Position Type Full Time
Relocation Eligible No
The primary responsibility of the Engineer- Systems Technical Support position is to remotely provide support for server and storage equipment located at customer sites. This position works extensively in the server environment. This position requires self-initiative, ownership, excellent listening skills, a drive to follow issues to resolution, commercial sensitivity, and superb attention to detail, responsiveness, collaboration, technical expertise, and business acumen.
* This position focuses heavily on Rockwell Automation Communication / Network and Cisco products and technologies. Possess technical expertise for Ethernet infrastructure support and will be instrumental in bridging the industrial and information networking paradigms.
* Provides troubleshooting assistance remotely via telephone and email on products to Rockwell Automation field service personnel, distributors, integrators, and customers. Work with other engineers, manage multiple issues with changing priorities and deal with high pressure situations successfully.
* Capable of investigating and verifying reported product problems in software, firmware, hardware and documentation. Document the problem, work with appropriate group to resolve the problem, and follow up with the Rockwell Automation representative or customer when the problem is solved.
* Provides documentation of all actions taken in the appropriate systems, set expectations with customers and follow-up on an action item or activity needed to resolve a problem being experienced by a customer. You will update and author Technical Notes and other documentation to inform Rockwell Automation personnel, domestic or international, of solutions to commonly experienced problems, work around, installation practices that create problems, etc. to improve customer satisfaction and acceptance.
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
* Bachelors degree in an Engineering discipline
* Typically requires 5 years of direct or related experience
Ability to handle high pressure work conditions.
Interested on Rockwell Automation technologies training
Good Interface between Business Units
This is a summary of the positions responsibilities and does not reflect the entire scope of work expectations.
Country(s) United States
EEO Statement Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at ************************************.
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.
Company Overview Rockwell Automation, the world’s largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Software product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Work State/City Mayfield Village – Ohio
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.