St. Cloud Technical and Community College seeks an unlimited, full-time Computer Programming Instructor dedicated to excellence in teaching who desires to become part of a creative, vibrant, student-centered learning community. The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to interdisciplinary and cross-cultural perspectives. Faculty members at St. Cloud Technical and Community College are professionally active scholars who participate in departmental and campus-wide activities to enhance their disciplines, promote interdisciplinary collaboration, and advance the college mission. The college is committed to reflecting a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds among its administrators, faculty and staff.
Examples of duties:
- Teach a range of subjects across the program and the program curricula
- Provide instruction and advising to students in day, evening, and alternate schedule formats utilizing traditional and alternative delivery methods and virtual learning environments
- Design, develop and maintain current curriculum to meet local, regional, state, and national industry standards
- Contribute to department, division, and college goals, which provide the basis for program planning, implementation, evaluation and support
- Work as a team member in maintaining a learning environment that effectively and efficiently meets the educational requirements of the diverse post-secondary student.
- Build and maintain professional and community business relationships
- Participate in budget planning and fiscal management of department.
- Recruit program students and assist with retention and job placement efforts.
- Engage is scholarly activities consistent with the college’s goals
Must meet MnSCU Credentialing qualifications. For additional information please refer to the Minnesota State Credentialing website: http://www.minnstate.edu/system/asa/academicaffairs/cfc/index.html
Education Requirement: Associate degree in a computer or information technology field.
Occupational Experience Requirement: Four full-time years (or equivalent) of verified related paid work experience in computer programming.
Recency Requirement: One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) post-secondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
- Online teaching experience with alternative instructions techniques and a willingness to develop and instruct in the online environment.
- Previous work experience in a secondary or post-secondary institution.
- Experience with learner outcomes assessment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with adult learners.
Submit your online application and supporting information to:
http://www.sctcc.edu/employment-opportunities. A cover letter that addresses how previous experience can be used to accomplish the position requirements, resume, and transcript copies will be required as part of the application process. Official transcripts will be required at time of hire. Review of resumes will begin after July 1, 2019. A screening committee interview, including a teaching demonstration, will be required.
To apply for this job please visit agency.governmentjobs.com.