Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
At our core, we're passionate, committed people who believe together we can achieve extraordinary things. We work collaboratively with each other, our customers and partners to solve the world's greatest challenges. That means listening to one another, providing feedback and partnering across all levels. We value our inclusive culture where everyone is heard equally and creativity thrives. Each team member is fully invested in our mission and we bring an energy to work every day that propels our business and motivates us all to Go Beyond.®
The Engineering Strategic Capabilities Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Staff Consultant – Electrical Systems Engineer (Part-Time)
Ball Aerospace located in the beautiful Westminster and Boulder, Colorado area, is seeking a Staff Consultant – Electrical System Engineer to design electrical subsystems for challenging space, air, and ground applications. We are looking for a technical leader with expertise in electrical subsystem technologies who can craft electrical solutions for a wide variety of remote sensing and controls related applications. You will create electrical subsystems of the future.
You can Go Beyond® with Ball, to realize your imagination and build an awesome life along the way at the gateway to the Rocky Mountains.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide technical leadership for multidisciplinary system teams (optical, mechanical, focal plane, thermal, RF, software) including suppliers; to create, influence and define discriminating electronics solutions to complex customer needs.
- Provide subject matter expertise in space-based electronics systems for spacecraft, payload, and components.
- Compose objective and quantifiable trade studies incorporating heritage system designs as well as new technologies and supplier capabilities to guide critical architectural decisions affecting the performance of other systems and subsystems
- Electrical system-level modeling and simulation, analysis, trades, risk assessment, requirements derivation, allocation, and flow down.
- Maintain end-to-end electrical compatibility, functional allocations, and margins across entire system
- Lead resolution of electrical hardware anomalies at the system level and determine root cause and corrective action.
- Identify and mitigate technical risks early in the design phase.
- Present analysis, findings, and design to peers, internal management, and customers throughout program phases (Proposal, IBR, SRR, PDR, CDR, IV&V).
- Mentor junior engineers in mission understanding, electrical subsystem technologies and concepts.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 16 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Excellent problem solving, decision making (related to cost, schedule, technical and risk), and closure skills (dedication to close open items/issues) to ensure mission success.
- Demonstrated behaviors of a systems thinker; selects and applies appropriate systems thinking skills to solve very complex problems and implement constructive change.
- Experience creating and delivering space-based electronics systems and subsystems.
- Experience with electrical design integration, cable & harness design, and/or command & telemetry database development.
- Experience through the entire system lifecycle from concept, design, production, integration, test, launch, to operation support.
- Solid presentation skills and ability to communicate complex concepts to widely varying audiences.
- Analytical experience with TOR-level design standards including WCA and Part Stress is preferred.
Flexible On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site for three or more days per work week. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- This is a part-time position – 15-25 hours per week.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $80.77 – $101.68 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
Job Referral Fee: $1 000,00
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.