Job Title: Staff Engineer UI
Job Location: Bangalore
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $25 billion and approximately 75,000 employees globally. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
We are Digital Engineering Team – the Software Center of Excellence for Thermo Fisher Scientific. We are responsible for developing and delivering SaaS based applications and digital lab (Cloud-based) tools, to help scientists do their work more efficiently and with precision, enabling them to make our world healthier, cleaner and safer. Our world class software products and solutions accelerate scientific discovery and lab productivity. These solutions
- provide rich content, selection tools, collaboration tools and scientific apps that allow our customers to focus on innovation and the complexities of their science.
- create a connected world for our customers where discoveries happen the smart way — where every device/product is connected, self-aware, and self-healing—thereby enabling efficient workflows and collaborative science.
- enable our customers to efficiently manage their lab by providing them insight to workflow processes, asset uptime and product availability.
We give them the flexibility to access what they need when they need it, allowing them to select and receive products and services across multiple channels. We apply industry best practices to the design, development, and deployment of world-class software products built to leverage the power and scalability of the cloud.
Roles & Responsibilities: Sr. technical member performs all aspects of Software Development including programming, system design, code review, design review, unit testing, and integration testing.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Ability to understand and communicate scientific requirements
- Participate as a team member on product release projects.
- Work with Support to address customer issues.
- Effectively apply project methodology and standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Mandatory Skills, Knowledge and experience requirement:
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience developing commercial software. Experience in developing enterprise
- applications and shouldering responsibilities in all phases of SDLC
- Good experience using HTML, CSS
- Strong organizational skills to work with cross-functional and Geographically distributed teams
- Good understanding and experience in REST API
- Proven Experience in AWS, Azure
- Proven Experience with integrating distributed computing environments with Cloud
- Proven experience in software development using agile methodologies
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Life Science experience preferred, but not required
- Exposure to CI/CD, Postgres, IdentityServer
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com .
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.