What you’ll be doing…
Staff engineer with skills appropriate to Tier II-level incident response and change management activity. Assists senior engineers with the implementation of efficiency and automation projects. Responsible for all aspects of incident response and resolution, including documentation and customer interface. Responsible for both authorship and analysis activities in regard to network security operations. Maintains system of 24×7 network operations, with daily activity including: promoting situational awareness (e.g., station logging, ticket audits, NMS audits, network monitoring, communication channel monitoring); maintaining proactive network support (e.g., trouble ticket administration, incident escalation, and change management); and supporting the broader aspects of a combined Tier I/Tier II NOC (e.g., assuming help desk responsibilities, circuit research, assistance with ad hoc tasking). Maintains training compliance and network/systems mastery. Makes decisions independently during incident response and change management activity. Regularly attends and, at times, leads in-house training efforts used to provide both formal and informal instruction in regard to operations, engineering technology, and security.
– Administers trouble tickets according to established guidelines, standards, and procedures. Ensures all content accurately reflects all incident response efforts. Independently makes decisions regarding the next-steps involved in incident response.
– Responsible for maintaining situational awareness of the network operations environment. Independently administers communications systems, ticketing database content, network management platforms, and shared logging applications. Supports project efforts regarding these systems and, at times, independently leads individual project tasking.
– Independently conducts change management (CM) activity pertaining to operational networks, systems, and equipment using established tools and processes. Completes assigned CM tasking and documents all efforts within documentation systems.
– Independently administers and monitors all network management system (NMS) platforms to ensure the health of operational services, networks, devices, and components. Independently maintains (i.e., creates, updates) active and passive monitors and ensures all actively monitored services, devices, and verifies system operation. Maintains mastery of established standard operating procedures and processes.
– Administers and maintains network management systems (NMS) and security and information and event management (SIEM) systems according to established policies and procedures.
– Independently configures advanced system views within the SIEM in order to prioritize and monitor security events with the intention of mitigating incidents before they evolve.
– Performs analyst functions in response to security incidents in order to determine incident taxonomy and outcome.
– Engages in incident response in order to mitigate, circumvent, and prevent attacker objectives.
– Assists with the authorship of use case functions and documentation.
– Maintains subject matter mastery in regard to SIEM system and security operations topics.
– Responsible for proactive and reactive incident response as a result of network, system, or service anomalies. Independently employs working knowledge of networks and systems during the fault isolation and resolution process.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
– Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
– Three or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
– Bachelor’s degree with a major in engineering or technology, and three or more years of experience working with network technology.
– Experience monitoring web server and database system (e.g., MSSQL MySQL) health, and ensures the systems run smoothly.
– Experience with SQL server and web tool projects related to the storage, organization, and presentation of data.
– Experience maintaining real-world, working knowledge of network-related technologies (e.g., TCP/IP, HSRP/VRRP, dynamic routing protocols, static routing best-practices and methodologies, BFD, IPSec, access control, VoIP, switching, VLANs, VTP, STP).
– Experience with network hardware (e.g., SOHO & enterprise routers, such as Cisco 2800 series, Cisco 7200 series, Juniper M-series, and Juniper T-series routers; layer 2 & layer 3 switches, such as Cisco 2960, Cisco 3550, and Cisco 6500 series switches; network security platforms, such as IDS/IPS, Cisco ACS, and Juniper SRX equipment.
– Experience with TDM/OTDM multiplexers, such as Fujitsu optical platforms; telephony systems, such as Avaya VoIP platforms; and digital cross-connect platforms).
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.