Job Description Summary
This role is for a Staff Engineer responsible for designing and programming a small module or a large component and designing a feature, set of features, or whole feature area as part of the CAST product for NGTM (NextGen Technical Modelling). They will work independently and contribute to the immediate team and to other teams across business. They will Lead design discussions. Will work on highly complex simulation modelling that require in-depth domain knowledge or two or more specialized architecture areas especially in AWS.
- Lead and coordinate the domain technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction across the product portfolio or product line.
- Identify the scope of the work, provide initial estimate and justify the estimate with facts.
- Demonstrate the understanding of Agile software development lifecycle and able to distinguish the core inputs and outputs in each cycle.
- Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
- Execute in a fast pace delivery mode and focus in delivering tasks to meet the product release goal
- Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation
- Seek and provide feedback on design and development
- Demonstrate the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment
- Understand whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module
- Help in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules
- Articulate the need for scalability and understand the importance of improving quality through testing.
- Be an expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers the desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- Drive design reviews, define interfaces between code modules, and applies existing technology to designs
- Be an expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices
- Be an expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice
- Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
- Provide guidance to a team of 5 to 7 developers with either planning and execution and/or design architecture using agile methodologies such as SCRUM
- Work with TPMs (technical product managers) to understand product requirements & vision
- Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with advanced experience.
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and Java coding principles
- Hands-on experience in web services (REST, SOAP, WSDL etc.), using Apache Commons Suite & Maven, SQL Database such as Oracle MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.
- Hands-on experience in utilizing Spring Framework (Core, MVC, Integration and Data)
- Experience with Big Data / Hadoop and NoSQL Database is a big plus.
- Hands-on experience with web development using HTML5, Java Script, jQuery, CSS. Also, experience in implementing Java OSGi modules and using an OSGi container.
- Experience in cloud (AWS) solutioning, NoSQL database is a must.
- Business Acumen: Strong problem-solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments.Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems.Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks.Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective.
- Leadership: Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions. Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas. Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team. Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill.
- Personal Attributes: Able to work under minimal supervision. Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity.Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility.Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.