Job ID 2018-4116
Location US-CA-San Jose
Category R & D
About the Job
Staff Software Engineer ( Backend Java)
Come join and be part of our growing cloud platform services group at 8×8!
You will be part of the core team that is driving 8×8 Virtual Office product core research and development.
What we do:
We are a leader in the Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) field, providing our customers with a state of the art cloud communications platform, integrating a variety of services such as phone, fax, web collaboration, meeting, messaging, and video. We are building RESTful API platform on top of the 8×8 core infrastructure. This enables both external and internal clients to build applications that make use of 8×8 VOIP infrastructure
What you will do:
* Design and develop high-volume, low-latency mission-critical global systems and applications.
* Build mission critical web services and applications.
* Write well designed, testable, efficient, reusable code.
* Test software by writing automation test program.
* Prepare and produce software builds and release management.
* Investigate and present technology solutions and contribute to architectural improvements.
What you need:
* BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
* 10+ years of experience Java programming and related technologies (Spring boot, MVC)
* Hands on working knowledge with JSON, Restful and related API platform technologies
* 1+ years of experience with Mockito, Cucumber automation test tools
* Experience with relational database like MySQL
* Ability and willingness to learn new technologies
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences
Nice to have :
* Knowledge about network protocol like HTTP/HTTPS, TCP/IP and network programming
About the Company
8×8, Inc. (NYSE: EGHT) is the trusted provider of secure and reliable enterprise cloud communications solutions to more than 45,000 businesses operating in over 100 countries across six continents. 8×8’s out-of-the-box cloud solutions replace traditional on-premises PBX hardware and software-based systems with a flexible and scalable Software as a Service (SaaS) alternative, encompassing cloud business phone service, contact center solutions, and conferencing.
In today’s competitive market 8×8 continues to deliver service excellence, with a consistent, innovative, cohesive, progressive and dynamic culture.
For additional information, visit ***********, ************** or connect with 8×8 on LinkedIn,
Twitter, Google+ and Facebook
8×8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8×8 jobs located in the US: 8×8 participates in the E-Verify program.
View the Participant Poster in English | Espaol.
View the Right to Work Poster in English | Espaol.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.