You will be building scalable systems and shipping features in a complex environment, where one must contend with challenges such as modernizing legacy applications and managing technical debt.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
- Design, develop, and deploy applications that can handle high request volumes with high reliability and low latency
- Collaborate with product managers to build product requirements against business objectives and drive teams through the complete software development lifecycle
- Envision system features and functionality, create detailed design documentation, and decide on tradeoffs between technical and design approaches.
- Identify any technical issues that arise and follow up with root-cause analysis and resolution
- Identify key application metrics, build necessary dashboards for monitoring performance, and add necessary logging for real-time debugging
- Review code, support continuous improvement, and investigate alternatives
- Utilize CI/CD tools to support system integration and deployment
- Mentor other engineers to help build a high-performing engineering culture
- 7+ years of experience in the technology industry, and a B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages and common data structures / algorithms
- Ability to build systems end-to-end, from design to implementation to release
- Strong communication skills. You must be able to work with cross-functional partners to gather requirements and explain outcomes
- Strong product sense. You must be able to align your work with business objectives and make appropriate tradeoffs
- Learning mentality. You must be able to pick up new skills as needed and demonstrate a curiosity about new technologies
- Engineering experience at high-tech firms (e.g. Amazon, Meta, DoorDash, Twilio)
- Experience architecting and building large-scale systems in an agile development environment
- Experience working alongside technical product managers to drive projects and flesh out product requirements
We expect the starting salary to be around $165,000 with annual bonus and profit sharing eligibility. The actual salary will be determined based on years of relevant work experience
The Hertz Corporation operates the Hertz, Dollar Car Rental, Thrifty Car Rental brands in approximately 9,700 corporate and franchisee locations throughout North America, Europe, The Caribbean, Latin America, Africa, the Middle East, Asia, Australia and New Zealand. The Hertz Corporation is one of the largest worldwide airport general use vehicle rental companies, and the Hertz brand is one of the most recognized in the world.
US EEO STATEMENT
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.