For Siemens Staff Software Engineer job – Engineering – Mountain View, California
Skip to Main Content
– Our Stories
– My Dashboard
– My Dashboard
– Our Stories
Staff Software Engineer
Locations: Mountain View, California
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Ultrasound
Requisition Number: ******
Primary Location: United States-California-Mountain View
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Providing advanced software design and implementation that will work on the latest ultrasound imaging front end hard. The work includes software architecture for fast acquisition of ultrasound data, handling large amount of digitized signals, and high performance computation that turns signals to image. Interfacing the software module with visualization portion of software and user interaction is essential part of the work. Details of work include
1. Understanding both theory and code level of conventional ultrasound imaging framework
2. Proposing architecture design and imaging pipeline code working with fast data flow and high performance computing code
3. Logging the software engineering work to the software issue tracking system and documents any engineering design work in the way described in Siemens Ultrasound design control document
4. Observing sensitivity and stability of high performance computing software module
5. Providing test cases and verification results in the way described in Siemens Ultrasound design control document
6. Proposing enhancement ideas and items for the next version understanding the system requirement and background discipline.
7. Understanding patient safety and privacy concerns and practicing in the design work.
Advanced level of Object Oriented Design, C++, GPGPU (General Purpose GPU) programming in CUDA, multi-threaded SW implementation, Hands-on knowledge of well-known design patterns
Extra knowledge/skill set :
Programmable visual computing language (e.g. GLSL, HLSL), Python, Machine Learning
Master or higher degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
Can’t find what you are looking for?
Let’s stay connected
US Only: Review Accommodations for Disability
Siemens AG, 1996 – 2018
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.