What you'll do…
Walmart Global Tech is looking to hire a Staff Software Engineer – Machine Learning for one of our offices in US. The Staff Software Engineer (ML) in Applied AI team will drive AI discovery, research, algorithmic solution design, selection of practical data and modeling platforms, transformation of data strategies, and rapid prototyping targeted to deliver important activations within Walmart US .
This role will be focused on elevating ML/AI capabilities for operational and execution decision engines with alignment to unified associate signals and workload optimization. You will be responsible for high level ML/AI conceptualization, feature engineering, evaluation of ML/AI models and frameworks, development and experimentation, and pilot testing and iterative model refinement. You will work collaboratively with Product and Tech teams to productionize and scale ML/AI solutions and establish model monitoring and management processes. The Staff Software Engineer (ML) will play a pivotal role in deciding how do we develop ML/AI algorithms, at scale, that are linked to strategic business choices.
About Team :
Our team works closely with our US stores and eCommerce business to better serve customers by empowering team members, stores, and merchants with technological innovation. From groceries and entertainment to sporting goods and crafts, Walmart U.S. offers an extensive selection that our customers value, whether they shop online at Walmart.com, through one of our mobile apps, or in-store. Focus areas include customers, stores and employees, in-store service, merchant tools, merchant data science, and search and personalization.
What you'll do :
- Ensure high quality and agility with unit, integration and performance tests utilizing strong skillsets in software design and programming.
- Develop new features, maintain existing code, fix bugs, and contribute to Wal-Mart's Machine Learning development tools strategy.
- Design, develop, and maintain software for the various machine learning models and model pipelines in Cloud Platform with Python, Java, Jupyter, BigQuery, Dataproc, Hadoop, and Spark.
- Lead and participate in medium to large-scale software development projects by reviewing requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; developing code; communicating status to team and stakeholders.
- Deliver high quality (Data Acquisition) related outcomes including ETL processes, data warehouse designs, and data system enhancements in accordance with existing standards and guidelines using Spark, Hadoop, Flink, Kafka, and cloud tools for Walmart Stores and Dotcom data sources.
- Gather and process unstructured and structured data at scale (including writing scripts, calling APIs, and writing SQL queries).
- Work with data scientist to integrate machine learning innovations and algorithms into production systems.
- Process unstructured and structured data into a form suitable for analysis and then performs thee analysis.
- Extract data from a variety of relational databases, manipulate, and explore using quantitative, statistical and visualization tools.
- Inform selection of appropriate modeling techniques to ensure that predictive models are developed using rigorous statistical processes.
- Establish and maintain effective processes for developing, validating and updating predictive models.
- Analyze, model, and forecast service utilization patterns/trends and create the capability to model outcomes of what-if scenarios for novel health care delivery models.
- Improve efficiency and increase the applicability of predictive models into core software products
- Manages the innovation cycle of conducting analysis, generating insights, advocating for the integration of new concepts into existing client tools, helping to translate ad-hoc analysis into scalable software solutions
- Understand business objectives and develop supervised and unsupervised machine learning models with metrics to track their learning progress.
- Train and tune hyperparameters of machine learning, deep learning, and operational research models.
- Define and deploy scheduling infrastructure for automation of ML models. Extend existing ML libraries and frameworks.
What you'll bring :
- Experience in the development of large-scale ML/AI solutions and Data Transformation/Augmentation processes.
- Experience in Applied ML familiar with ML frameworks, their pros and cons and how they orchestrate deployment of algorithms.
- Skilled in Programming language (Python) and Large-scale training using data structures and algorithms.
- Masters in Computer Science with 4 years+ experience with cloud solutions and tooling for ML model development, including Azure, GCP, Vertex AI and MLOps utilities.
- Solid MLOps practices including good design documentation, unit testing, integration testing and source code control (git).
About Walmart Global Tech :
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world's leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, Hybrid work :
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer :
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.
You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .
Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .
The annual salary range for this position is $144,000.00-$216,000.00
Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.
Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:
– Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)
– Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related area.Option 2: 6 years' experience in software engineering or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, or related area and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related area
640 W California Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.