Job ID: 629017BR
Date posted: Feb. 07, 2023
Locations: King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Program: Mission Processing – GPA T02
Description:At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
As a Software Engineer Staff you will be responsible for developing and implementing advanced image processing algorithms and integrating that software with continuous deployment into a large-scale system in a robust containerized environment.
This role provides the ability to integrate some of the newest technologies, as well as maintain and build them into operational capabilities. We're looking for a highly motivated and experienced software engineer to join our fast-paced development effort and contribute to the success of a very challenging and rewarding mission.
Key responsibilities of this position are noted below:
• Design, integrate, and enhance SAR processing algorithms
• Integrate image processing algorithms using modern, high-level languages (C++, React JS, & Python)
• Perform full life cycle software development using Object-Oriented Programming, Agile Development Methodologies, and Test-Driven Development
• Utilize a large-scale DevOps pipeline to continuously test and deploy software applications
• Integrate new and updated software on cloud-based virtual computing resources
• Troubleshoot and lead root cause analysis
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience (or 7 years of experience with a related Masters degree)
• Must have mid to advanced experience with Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) processing and algorithms
• Performance Engineering experience; analyzing software and implementing changes to improve runtime performance
• Experience troubleshooting and leading root cause analysis into software failures
• Experience with COTS products (Kubernetes, Docker and Jenkins) and integrating them into a unified workflow
• Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc) and web deployment strategies
• Experience working and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary research team setting
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: TS/SCI
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 9×80 every other Friday off
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Software Engineering
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.