CH2M is now Jacobs. Structural CAD Technician Intern
At CH2M we know life moves fast; and each day the pace picks up. From increased population to growing global businesses, as part of the Transportation Group, you will be providing solutions that help keep the world in motion. Whether it is aviation, highways and bridges, transit and rail, or ports, you will be working on the most challenging projects, leaving a positive impact for generations to come. Ready? Let’s Get to Work. The challenge? Helping our communities stay safely on the move. Our Transportation Employees have the opportunity to work with top notch senior engineers on exciting and engaging transportation work including highway/roadway design and construction plan production. Each day, you will have an opportunity to work with a team of professionals while learning highway/bridge design and will help prepare final plans and specifications.
Our CAD Technicians:
- Have knowledge of basic drafting practices.
- Are familiar with CAD principles (i.e., text placement and editing, layering, snap, precision input, etc).
- Have the ability to perform basic geometric and trigonometric calculations and use basic drafting equipment.
- Are able to communicate with team members to understand objectives, expectations, and preferred methods, proactively identify changes or issues, and ask questions that foster the development of self and team.
- Organize their own assignments to ensure deadlines are met.
- Work under direct supervision, prepare electronic drawing files within project standards, using sketches, layouts, project instructions and notes.
- Have experience working with AutoCAD or MicroStation, and Microsoft Office.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Working towards Associate’s Degree in in CAD drafting or Engineering Technology
- 0-6 months experience working with AutoCAD or MicroStation or both
- 0-6 months experience with Microsoft Office
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let’s get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects.
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa, etc.) to fill this position.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.