CHI Health is a regional health network with a unified mission: nurturing the healing ministry of the Church while creating healthier communities. Headquartered in Omaha, the combined organization consists of 15 hospitals, two stand-alone behavioral health facilities and more than 150 employed physician practice locations in Nebraska and southwestern Iowa. More than 12,000 employees comprise the workforce of this network that includes 2,820 licensed beds and serves as the primary teaching partner of Creighton University’s health sciences schools. In fiscal year 2014, the organization provided a combined $149.3 million in quantified community benefit including services for the poor, free clinics, education and research. With locations stretching from Kearney, Neb. to Missouri Valley, Iowa, the health network is the largest in Nebraska and serves residents of Nebraska and southwest Iowa. For more information, visit online at CHIhealth.com.
This position contributes to the mission and vision of CHI Health by serving as a designated functional supervisor with oversight of the day to day activities of their operations and team members. Provides management support to plan, organize and lead resources with assigned team members; as well as functioning as an individual contributor within the department. Participates in Food and Nutrition Strategic Initiatives and Priorities goals. Serves as a role model for ethical management behavior and promotes an awareness and understanding of positive ethical and moral principles consistent with the mission, vision, and core values.
- Develops and posts employees schedules according to department policy. Ensures proper staffing is scheduled and /or available to perform daily activities in areas of responsibility (patient and dining center)
- Coordinates and oversee the daily and weekly activities/tasks are performed by staff in areas of responsibility. Updates and communicates job-flow changes of positions in areas of responsibility.
- Ensures that department is properly opened and closed per departmental security policies.
- Exhibits pleasant and cheerful demeanor and maintains a helpful attitude towards employees, physicians, patients and visitors.
- Visits patients on floors and helps ensure that every patient is visited by a member of the management or professional team at least once during their hospital stay. Interacts with nursing to ensure patients’ food needs are met.
- Contributes to patient and customer satisfaction goals by providing quality services to patients, caterings or retail.
Required Education: Sys/Div/Mkt/Local Supervisor – Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 1 year experience in the discipline OR 3 years’ experience in the discipline OR Master’s Degree and no experience
Required Licensure and Certifications:
ServSafe Certificate within one year Required
Certified Dietary Manager – within 36 months
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must possess strong knowledge of Food & Nutrition services, strong knowledge of applicable laws regulations, guidelines and professional standards. Project management skills, good communications skills, Strategic planning skills, Change management skills, Computer skills in excel, word, PowerPoint: must demonstrate personal traits of a high level of motivations; team orientation; professionalism; trust; and place a high value of treating others with dignity and respect.
Preferred Qualifications: At least 2 years of management experience is preferred. 3 years of progressive experience in Food Service Operations.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.