Are you ready to play a key strategic role in the digital transformation of the Energy sector?
Could you bring your tenacity, insight and deep knowledge of data-centric solutions to join us on a journey that will bring best in class solutions to our Energy sector clients?
Sword possess 30 years of Energy sector domain experience and established a presence in the US market in 2020. Our US team has grown quickly and to realize our development strategy, we have the need for a Technical Solutions Manager. This role will lead the strategic development of digital solutions, leveraging cutting edge Microsoft technologies and industry specific data management tools.
This key role carries with it a highly attractive salary and benefits package with an incentive package tied to effectively engaging clients, developing a pipeline of future business and delivering revenue.
You’ll be an agile domain expert with a passion for delivering business value outcomes, identifying and deploying data solutions that address the needs of both our current and future client base.
· Solution Design – You’ll collaborate with colleagues and clients to identify solutions for their Data and Information Management strategies, using widely available, standard technology stacks (including Microsoft Azure), deployed systems and existing databases. You’ll analyse underlying needs, issues and challenges to develop sustainable solutions that exceed our clients’ expectations.
· Pre-Sales Consultancy – You’ll translate business challenges into specific propositions that deliver commercially rewarding engagements. You’ll engage directly with our clients’ technical leaders to market potential solutions in a manner that addresses their specific needs and interfaces with their existing ecosystem.
· Assignment Delivery – You’ll undertake value adding assessments and pilot proposed digital solutions. You’ll develop and guide those establishing new projects and solutions and drive delivery through to successful deployment.
· Technical Proposal Creation – You’ll develop and communicate proposals and commercial propositions that address critical business requirements through strategic technical solutions and service deployment.
What you’ll bring to the role:
In addition to a technical degree and commensurate experience in areas likely to include Computer Science, Data Science, Data Engineering, Information Management, Sciences or Engineering, you’ll also be able to demonstrate exposure to the following key functional areas…
· Working with Data – Hands on experience and technical credibility in realizing the value and power of data. This will include deep expertise in at least one area of Data Management, Data Architecture, Data Analysis, Data Engineering, Data Science or Machine Learning
· Energy Industry experience – Proven experience defining, developing and delivering solutions in a technically complex environment with multiple data sources. With experience in at least one area of the Energy Industry, you’ll possess an appreciation of how data is utilized, the operational challenges faced and business dynamics specific to this sector.
· Cloud Technology Stack – You’ll be a technically capable and enthusiastic proponent of data solution delivery utilizing cloud-based tools and preferably possess an in-depth understanding of the Microsoft Azure product suite.
How we work:
· Technical Credibility – We engage with our clients, industry peers and colleagues in a manner that builds mutual respect and helps identify the root issues to be addressed in any solution.
· Solution Focused – We analyse business activities and creatively develop digital solutions that sustainably address the clients’ data related needs.
· Collaborative – We have a track record of working collaboratively with colleagues and clients across multiple locations to create innovative workable solutions.
· Lifetime Learning – We are all actively engaged in building our knowledge and understanding, and in growing the capability of others in our team.
· Energetic – We deliver best in class solutions in a timely manner, with the help, support and engagement of the broader team.
· Commercial Awareness – We understand the business risks and opportunities that exist in the pursuit of different approaches to developing solutions allowing us to exceed clients’ expectations.
Supported by Sword’s established presence in the Energy market and our position as a Microsoft Gold Partner and Global Charter Member for Microsoft Content Services, you’ll join us at a pivotal point in our entry to the US energy market, working with our talented technical team to deliver distinctive solutions. As such, the successful candidate will be given the opportunity to develop their career with Sword in line with our ambitious growth strategy.
For more information on this exceptional opportunity, please apply on-line in the first instance.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com