A career as a System Administrator at GDIT means being a critical part of successful data outcomes. Here, your work can accelerate solutions for our clients while you accelerate your career. Own the opportunity to provide our clients with the data they need to turn insights and ideas into action.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a System Administrator, you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on a System Administrator joining our team to maintain the organization's computer systems' workflows and assume responsibility for the upkeep, configuration and reliable operation of computer systems, including fixing network issues and updating equipment an software.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
- Provide technical support in the management of networks, software, hardware, configurations, and architectures
- Troubleshoot moderately complex system hardware and software issues
- Train end users on the proper use of hardware and software
- Perform software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages
- Monitor and tune systems to achieve optimum performance levels
- Ensure workstation/server data integrity by implementing standard software and hardware solutions
- Ensure data/media recoverability by following a schedule of system backups and database archive operations
- Conduct hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines
- Ensure that performance and security of computers meet the needs of network users
- May evaluate existing systems and assist with planning longterm strategies
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
• Education: Technical Training/Certifications or equivalent experience
• Required Experience: 3+ years of related experience
• Preferred Skills:
- Network administration
- Switch and router maintenance
- Security + Certification – Network + Certification
- MCSA Certification
• Location: Frankfort, KY (Will spend 25-75% of the time in the office, depending on stage of the project)
• Timeline: This position is contingent, expected to start in the fall of 2024.
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
• 401K with company match
• Comprehensive health and wellness packages
• Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
• Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
• Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
• Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays *
Years of Experience
3 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
Less than 10%
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.