The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a continuing requirement for Secure Enterprise Network Systems, Services, & Support (SENS3) for the continued operations and maintenance and evolution of the Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN) and the Classified Local Area Network (C-LAN).
Supporting the SENS3 team, the candidate will provide O&M support for network, server, virtual machine, and system management to include the following:
- Provide the technical services necessary to engineer, operate, deploy, and maintain HSDN and C-LAN servers and virtual machines (VMs)
- Provide remote operations and management of servers
- Perform onsite engineering and maintenance as required for systems hosted at DC1
- Create, configure, test, deploy, and monitor VMs to provide infrastructure services and meet capacity and performance requirements
- Provide infrastructure services to allow the creation, configuration, deployment, monitoring, and separation of content management services for HSDN customer content to be accessed internally and externally
- Monitor all VMs for operational status and utilization
- Conduct preventive maintenance on existing server assets
- Coordinate with data center contractors as required to provision, maintain, and retire server assets
- Replace existing server components with newer, better maintained technologies to avoid obsolescence, in accordance with the Technology Refreshment Plan
- Provision and/or decommission servers and virtual machines to meet capacity and utilization needs
The candidate must have the following experience/skills:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 8 years of professional experience; or 6 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree
- 10+ years of experience working with networks and performing System and Server administration
- Must be Familiar with Windows System administration tools and processes
- Knowledge in coordinating problem resolution and working across IT functional areas
- Proven Ability to manage multiple task/events simultaneously and deliver on time.
- DHS Experience
- Networking Certification
- Microsoft Certification
Pay Range $84,500.00 – $130,000.00 – $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.