System Administrator (Engineering Technician 3)
Location:Eglin AFB, FL
Job Description/Essential Functions:
Bevilacqua Research Corporation (BRC) is a
Service Disabled Veteran Owned, Small Business based in Huntsville, Alabama
incorporated in 1992. BRC provides ‘best-value’ technical and management solutions to a diverse government and commercial customer base in the following key business areas: test & evaluation, systems analysis & integration, security & intelligence, and R & D.
This position provides support to the 45th Test Squadron Mission Planning Flight at Eglin AFB.
– Configures, troubleshoots, and maintains computer systems.
– Creates and manages system user accounts in accordance with Air Force Materiel Command policies and directives.
– Responds to trouble tickets, and writes scripts to automate processes.
– Provides other system administrator duties such as booting and shutting down a system, mounting file systems, and scheduling test resources.
– Corrects vulnerabilities in assigned systems and responds to problems identified in vulnerability reports
– Must have ability to quickly understand the customer’s overall technical objectives and mission and provide effective solutions.
– Performs installation and configuration of software and applications, including anti-virus.
– Attends meetings as necessary to provide briefings, information, and/or technical support.
– Employs test automation tools, virtual machines and utilities during test execution.
– Supports certification for test readiness by identifying deficiencies, verifying compliance with specifications and standards, and demonstrating a stable system configuration.
– Occasionally lifts items up to 50 lbs.
– Maintains hardware/software inventory and Configuration Management of the hardware/software.
– This position requires a B.S. Degree and 3-10 years of applicable experience. Six years of applicable technical experience may be substituted for the BS Degree requirement or four years of experience with an applicable Associates Degree.
– Must have an active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
– Must understand the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of hardware/software.
– Must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively on a team.
– Must have DOD 8570.01-M IAT Level 2 certification (Security+CE) or higher and maintain certification throughout employment.
– Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, including communication skills in areas of technical writing, briefings, and formal presentations.
– Must possess the capability to work independently and self-motivate.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
– Knowledge of the software development lifecycle, network services, architecture, configuration, and security methods is highly desired.
– Knowledge of Information Technology systems analysis and application software concepts, functions, techniques, and capabilities sufficient enough to evaluate emerging technologies in a development environment is highly desired.
– Proficiency in the use and integration of Microsoft Office applications is highly desired.
– Knowledge concerning the implementation and use of virtual machines is desired.
Our EEO policy:
Bevilacqua Research Corporation is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans and VEVRAA federal contractor. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.