Job TitleSystem Administrator – ID:32442
Job SkillsWindows server and Active Directory, VMware
BASIC PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION
Participates in translation of the company’s business requirements to define the structures of solutions and architectures and can include systems, applications, and process components. The System Administrator understands business and technology needs, works in levels of abstraction, applies industry knowledge, and leverages appropriate business elements and information technology to address those needs. This includes working as a team member with user and IS Department and personnel to identify functional and non-functional requirements and subsequently working with or in some instances leading others in the identification, justification and design of the solution. The position participates in a wide range of activities, from requirements analysis through systems, application and/or process design specification. The candidate requires knowledge across multiple platforms, processes or architectures.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, AND TRAINING:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Experience with the following Technologies/Methodologies preferred:
a. 3 to 5 years experience with Windows server and Active Directory technologies
b. 3 to 5 years experience with VMware technology
c. Management and support of MS Windows-based servers at all corp locations
d. Management and support of all company Virtual servers and hosts
e. Management and support for all backup processing for virtual servers and storage, experience with Veeam a plus
f. Management and support for all storage solutions
g. Management and support for Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Certificates and Print servers
h. Management and support for all company wireless handheld devices at all locations
i. Advanced knowledge of networking concepts including IP addressing, experience with Cisco technologies (switches, routers, firewalls) a plus
j. Management and support of Polycom/Crestron audio visual technologies
k. Subject Matter Expert to backup DeskSide Services support for all company Laptop and Desktop hardware and software in use by all KTC employees
SKILLS AND BACKGROUND:
1. Communication skills with the ability to persuade others on the best approach to take and effectively communicate with varying levels of leadership. Develops and provides written and verbal presentations to customers, peers, and support personnel.
2. Advanced knowledge of process and software modeling and experience translating business needs into requirements.
3. Demonstrates the required proficiency levels for technical skills. Technical skills and IT knowledge related to assigned department to provide services in an information technology environment.
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS English: Fluent
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES: This position does the following in accordance with all applicable Federal, State and local laws / regulations and the Company’s policies, procedures and guidelines:
1. Applies knowledge of information technology and associated methods and tools of the administrator profession to attain project / business unit objectives.
2. Advises other professionals (Project Managers, Architects and IT Specialists) in the team on tools, technology and methodology related to the design and development of architectural solutions, and participates in evaluation and selection. May be asked to research special topics as part of team responsibilities.
3. Negotiates effectively with team members (vendors, subcontractors, customers/dealers and internal users) to identify each member’s role in solution design and development, agree on specific problem-solving, requirements analysis and design tasks and associated work products, and to define approaches for producing them.
4. Analyzes problems and creates solutions involving business, information technology, methodology, process, tools and solution components.
5. May lead all or portions of the project, recommending team members and organizing the team, defining tasks, tracking and reporting progress, delivering on time and within budget, and delivering results to the company.
6. Influences customers, vendors, subcontractors and Kubota users inside and outside the project with presentations on project-related topics. Influence extends to both management and non-management personnel.
7. Provides guidance to implementation team members throughout the project lifecycle. May lead implementation in a small project or be responsible for subsystem implementation in a large project.
8. Works effectively with other team members to understand company needs and to design, evaluate and develop architectural solutions which meet those needs.
To be determined based on company and business needs.
EQUIPMENT OPERATION (% of time, description, nature of service):
Computer systems (hardware, software and networking) operations.
Some moderate lifting, working with computer and electrical equipment in changing environmental climates.
Some travel may be required. Potential of 10% Travel to remote sites.
Send To Email / Remind Me
Send Now Send TonightSend TomorrowSend Next Week
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.