CGI is seeking a Systems Administrator to provide innovated support for installs, upgrades/problem resolution, for Cloud base infrastructure. The candidate must be dynamic, innovative, self-starting and problem solver. Must have the aptitude and can-do attitude tackle technical challenges without clear instructions with. This position includes all aspects of systems administration such as installation, configuration, implementation, and innovation of Linux systems both physical and virtual
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Provide systems administrative support for design, configuring, and troubleshooting open source and commercial applications
• Collaborate with a team of software engineers to improve the supportability of the systems, including backups and restorations
• Collaborate with stakeholder and influence development of solutions
• Provide formal documentation of system architecture when required
• Experience in Design, build, maintain, and support Kubernetes infrastructure
• Write bash scripts to automate system functions such as backups
• Provide expert support for troubleshooting of server issues
• Provide formal documentation and status reports to fulfill organizational compliance requirements and serve as reference material for other teams
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Associate or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required
• 3-5 years of database, network administration, or system administration experience
• System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network related fields are a plus
• Working knowledge of Kubernetes, virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent
• Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
• The candidate must be dynamic, innovative, self-starting and problem solver
• Must have the aptitude and can do attitude tackle technical challenges without clear instructions with
• Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 12+ years of experience in system administration; if no degree; additional experience in lieu of degree
• 5+ years supporting Docker Containers, Redhat or CentOS Linux servers
• 3+ years hands-on-experience with Bash, or equivalent scripting language
• Experience with virtual server environments, working with cloud technologies
• Experience with automate scripting and automation tools
• A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans
• Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
Due to the nature of the government contracts this position requires US Citizenship or Green Card.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $85,000- 120,00
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.