– Provide system administration and software support for field exploitation systems within the client program. Perform Linux system setup and management for both physical and virtual Operating Systems (OS), to include provisioning, configuring, patching and managing updates, platform securing/hardening.
– Provide manual and automated system management across widely dispersed Linux systems.
– Provide drastic system scalability (e.g., from 2 systems to 200 systems via virtualization). Integrate virtual machines and VM clusters into development environment.
– Communicate with Software Developers and other team members to gather requirements and implement solutions.
– Work with developers of existing systems to understand how they want their current systems to be virtualized.
– Automate system administration functionality (e.g., provide automatic patch installation).
– Research, evaluate and recommend methods and products for protecting computer data and applications.
– Develop technical documentation, to include system administration architecture documentation and diagrams, configurations, baselines, administrative procedures and instructions.
– Coordinate with developers to define operational system security requirements, develop System Security Plans and related security documentation and coordinate system security accreditation and authorizations.
– Perform system administrator functions and provide support for integrating security solutions into multiple systems, to include:
o Assist multiple teams with system security related activities
o Identify security weaknesses and propose technical solutions to mitigate them
o Upgrade and enhance system functionality based on customer feedback
– Document system operational functionality, operating system (OS) set up and configuration, configuration and use of management tools, and SA processes and procedures.
– Perform laboratory system testing.
– Perform maintenance functions for existing systems within the project.
– Minimum 5 years’ experience administering LINUX/UNIX systems.
– General understanding and experience working with and configuring LINUX disk encryption.
– Experience with LINUX Volume Manager.
– Experience provisioning systems, configuring systems, patching and managing systems, and securing/hardening systems.
– Experience administering virtual machines.
– Experience in developing and implementing system configuration scripts in Perl, Bourne, Bash and/or C-Shell.
– General working knowledge of Cisco and/or Dell routers and switches.
– Experience creating documentation to outline processes and procedures.
– Experience with using Ansible (preferred), SALT or Puppet for system configuration management.
– Experience with building, deploying, and/or in general working with Red Hat Package Manager modules (RPMs).
o Experience with:
o Linux firewall configuration (ip tables)
o NAT and gateway setup
o Remote server management
o Server certificates (environment specific), encryption and secure protocols
o Scripting languages to include but not limited to: Bash, Perl
o Use of management tools
o Building RPMs
TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is REQUIRED.
Candidate MUST qualify for NSYS and compartmented data access. CCA, NFNA, or current polygraph in adjudication status (even if previous polys were approved) may disqualify your candidate.
– Experience deploying software updates to remote systems.
– Experience administering and configuring VMs.
– Experience in planning and implementing requirements associated with the Agency’s Secure the Net (STN) and Secure the Enterprise (STE) initiatives.
AT & T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Job ID ******* Date posted 12/31/2018
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.