Be a part of building and operating the fastest growing Fulfillment and Logistic network in the history of the world. We are looking for System Development Engineers with automation and scripting experience that will be put to use making the devices employed for Amazon Fulfillment, Middle Mile and Last Mile best in class. Can you build solutions that manage fleets of hundreds of thousands of devices in a large, highly-available Linux/Windows environment? If so, the Fulfillment Center Mobility and Devices team at Amazon wants to speak with you. You should have a customer-centric focus and be comfortable taking initiative.
We value performance, simplicity, and scalability in our designs. In our day-to-day work we automate traditional systems engineering tasks. As a team we actively brainstorm, analyze and discuss creative solutions to hard problems. As a Systems Development Engineer on this team, you will collaborate with other experienced and senior engineers to drive improvements to our technology, operate and maintain services, and track metrics to ensure high quality results. Your work will help provide the ultimate customer experience needed to anticipate and resolve customer’s issues. You will have the opportunity to work with business partners, leadership and other engineers, influence and drive product vision and lead the design of our systems. At Amazon, we are known for our customer obsession. We need your ideas and your ability to take initiative, innovate, and produce results as we continuously improve the customer experience.
As a Systems Development Engineer working in the Mobility and Devices team you will:
· Continuously strive for operational excellence by seeking to automate away manual processes.
· Participate in original creation and implementation of new functionality that helps us operate our services.
· Ensure that all systems are designed to be robust, scalable, maintainable and adaptable as the service scales and evolves over time.
· Build automation to report on the health of your products and devices and integrate with other Amazon systems
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 5+ years coding in Java, Ruby, Python or other DevOps oriented languages
· Experience with system and application monitoring, software distribution, patching and maintenance
· Knowledge about at least one Mobile Device Management Platform and Apple iOS and/or Android hardware including OS and firmware patching and application deployment
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
· Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
· Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability
· Eager to learn, enjoy a fast paced environment
· Driven to provide the best customer experience via technology
· Vendor management experience
· Ability to drive innovation
· Experience using Amazon Web Services
· Python application development experience
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.