SC – Shaw AFB
Planned Systems International (PSI) has immediate opportunity for a Systems Administrator PSI has a competitive employment package with full benefits. Some relocation costs may be offered. If you are interested in being considered for the Systems Administrator.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
The successful candidate’s core responsibilities will include, but not to be limited to:
– Support the fielding and operation of standard hardware and software systems for organizational administration and for forecasting, displaying, and disseminating weather information.
– Assist in the planning, installation, testing upgrades, maintenance, and upgrade of local area networks and the AFWWS.
– Prioritization of taskings will be communicated to the employee from OWS leadership.
– Assisting the assigned Government systems personnel, to ensure the operational capability of all hardware and software platforms meets or exceeds established operational standards as specified in the Services Summary.
– Shift work may be required as well as recall to support mission requirements.
– A minimum of four (4) years of experience working with Windows Server systems and the standard AF Weather Weapon Systems (OPS-II, LEADS, and the Joint Environmental Toolkit).
– Must have and maintain an Information Assurance (IA) Level II certification (e.g., CompTIA Security+ CE).
– Must have have working knowledge of Windows or LINUX based computer network systems, PERL scripting, and Oracle database.
– Highly desired: experience with JAVA scripting, HTML 5, KML, API, BOOTSTRAP PYTHON, and JQUERY.
– Must have knowledge of and experience with a full range of network systems (LAN/WAN) design principles, methodologies, and approaches used in developing, testing, installing, operating, managing, and maintaining network services that support functional/operational requirements including certification and accreditation of systems on Air Force Networks.
– Must have knowledge of the network architecture, topology, protocols, and security requirements typically found at the base level and experience working with TCP/IP protocols, Cisco switches, Secret and Unclassified networks to include Internet Protocol (IP) addressing schemes, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), File Transfer Protocol (FTP), Internet Protocol version 4 (IPV4), Domain Name System (DNS) and Virtual Private Network (VPN).
– Must have knowledge of configuration management concepts and practices to develop and implement plans for LANs and WANs.
– Experience with in systems involving a variety of components from personal computers and workstations to mainframes designed for numerical weather prediction models, space environmental specification and prediction models, and real-time analysis and forecasting programs and will be able to evaluate software and hardware (e.g., computers, peripherals, telecommunications equipment), enforce security procedures, and troubleshooting/resolve/elevate complex problems. Our personnel will be able to analyze system statistics through data collection and performance measures, identify potential performance or capacity problems and plan for changes to avert problems to ensure the smooth, reliable and robust operation. The Systems Administrator will be able to serve as the squadron’s SharePoint administrator and Oracle database administrator as well as data source manager using Weather Subscription Service (WSS), Weather Product Management Distribution System (WPMDS) and Joint Meteorology and Oceanographic Broker Language (JMBL).
Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting and information technology services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry’s most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including:
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
NOTE TO JOB SERVICE:
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.